Application Acceleration
Visitor
oyvindha

Auto-deployment - OS version

I have just finished setting up auto-deployment in my CMS system, and I'm waiting for my WXC250's to arrive at the sites.. however, I noticed something that got me a bit worried. My WXC250's are delivered with OS 5.2.3.0, and the CMS system says 5.4+ compatible to be able to auto-deploy. Do I actually have to update the OS before being able to auto-deploy? That would be a major setback since my sites are offshore vessels.

Juniper Employee
bugeater

Re: Auto-deployment - OS version

Hi oyvindha,

You need to define a new deployment group under Management -> Auto Deployment -> Deployment Groups.  In the task menu, select 'New (5.2/5.3 Compatible)' and click on 'Go'.

Hope this helps!

Visitor
oyvindha

Hi bugeater,

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have that option in the task menu..  there are 2 options, New (5.4+ compatible) and Delete.

CMS system is v. 5.6.1.

Recognized Expert
DannyJ

Hello oyvindha ,

The option bugeater refers to was in CMS 5.5.1. This version of code had the ability to 'downgrade' configs as it supported also 5.2 WXOS deployments. Since CMS5.5.2 this version only goes back as far as WXOS 5.4.x

Danny Jump
Technical Marketing Manager - Access and Acceleration Business Unit
Visitor
oyvindha

Thanks for clearing that up DannyJ, that was what I was afraid off.

So my options will be to reinstall an older CMS version, or have them update the OS on-site?

If they connect LOCAL to a switch (w/ dhcp) without configurating anything.. will the web interface be accessible for configuration/OS upgrade?  I'm fairly new at this and have allways started with setting up IP's in CLI before setting the box in-path.. so forgive my ignorance. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Andre_Mostert

We have trunking installed at one client so we cannot use auto deployment. What we do is to ask the engineer just to add the IP address details then plug the device inline so that we can https to it. Soon as we can browse to the device we upgrade the WXOS and push out our global and partial configs.

Hope this helps

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.