Application Acceleration
New User
Pisa03

CMS 5.4 i can't remove a device

Hi

On CMS i have 5 device running under the default community group.

I can't remove or delete a device from this group, i try on the admin tab and communities or in the management tab and devices but i don't have find the remove or delete item.

Thanks for your help

Contributor
Andre_Mostert

Re: CMS 5.4 i can't remove a device

Firstly, on your registration server WX go to the communities tab under device setup and remove the devices that you dont want in that default community. When they have been removed and you have saved the config go back to the CMS server and do a refresh on the community you imported. If the devices are removed from the registration servers WX/C then if should be removed from the CMS imported community.

If you want to remove a device out of the primary registration server use this command in the CLI.

config reg-server delete-entry "ip address"
commit

Hope this helps mate

Recognized Expert
DannyJ

Please confirm if you managed to fix your issue. if you need additional assistance please post back to the forum.

I suspect you may still have the issue though.

Danny Jump
Technical Marketing Manager - Access and Acceleration Business Unit
Visitor
MGeo

Hello ,

Quick one here, If i have 11 devices and the CMS has license for 10 only will that extra WXC  not appear on the CMS?

although its on the Primary reg server .. and is there a way around this?

thnks

Recognized Expert
DannyJ

Hello,

If you had more devices that what CMS was licensed for, we would import from the registration servers all the devices but you would only be able to  manage number you were licensed for.

Danny Jump
Technical Marketing Manager - Access and Acceleration Business Unit
Juniper Employee
AMS-TAC

MGeo, you will also get a complaint in the CMS log indicating that you have more units than the CMS has been licensed for.

Pisa03, when you login to the CMS WebUI, click on Management->Devices->Select community and submit. You will see a small link 'refresh' in the top of the right frame. Clicking it will instruct the CMS to contact the registration server to get the updated device list.

Is this what you wanted to achieve?

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.