Application Acceleration
Visitor
Simon

Request for a New CMS Report

Hi All,

I'm finding myself spending a whole lot of time correlating WAN throughput reports and WAN Performance reports from CMS to determine the cause of performance issues in a WXC equipped WAN. Which got me thinking that it wouldn't be so difficult to develop a report in CMS that breaks down the sources of inbound traffic from service tunnels.

I have a client with several spoke sites that unexpectedly appear to be significant "sinks" of data coming from a couple of different hubs. We're seeing high rates of loss and latency on the circuits at these spokes during peak periods, and it seems to be due to two or more hubs simultaneously accelerating data to the spoke and flooding the circuit. I'll probably have to resolve this using Bandwidth Management, but it would be really nice to have a report that pulls together and correlates the "WAN throughput to <destination>" stats from all the other devices in the community, so that we can put some science behind the "minimum circuit speed" settings, or whatever other QoS adjustments we make. The data is all there, it just needs crunching.

I reckon this would be a powerful troubleshooting report if it were linked to the WAN Performance monitor reports - it would very quickly show if congestion was the cause of WAN performance issues, saving time spent looking for non-existent problems in the carriage service.

How about it? Any community members agree? Any Juniper folks feel like copying that into Cinnabar? (No, I can't put a dollar value on it for you...)

================================ Simon Fennen Principal Consultant Fentropy Pty Ltd Tel: +61 2 8011 4404 Mobile: +61 4 2293 3939 Email: simon@fentropy.com Web: http://www.fentropy.com ================================
Trusted Contributor
ChristopherHowarth

Re: Request for a New CMS Report

Simon, such sinicism LOL :smileyhappy: I assure you not everything needs a dollar value, the best idea will always survive here.  I have opened up an enhancement request for you.  For furture reference your Enhancement Request number is 23070, you can quote that if you need an update in the future, many thanks for your suggestion.
Regards,

Christopher Howarth CISSP RHCE JNCIS-FWV JNCIA-WX/SSL
Visitor
Simon

Re: Request for a New CMS Report

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for submitting the request!

I've always been sceptical of that dollar value field in Cinnabar, and having done my time in PLM at Nortel, I think it's warranted! ;-)

Thanks again.

Simon 

================================ Simon Fennen Principal Consultant Fentropy Pty Ltd Tel: +61 2 8011 4404 Mobile: +61 4 2293 3939 Email: simon@fentropy.com Web: http://www.fentropy.com ================================
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.