Application Acceleration
Visitor
delliott

TCP Accel - SYN ACK error = DC Not Active /// NSC does not see reliable pkt.

WCCPv2 used for off path install demo and production.  Replaced demo WXC2600's ver 5.7 with purchased WXC2600's.  new WXC's came with 5.6 code.  Used copied config from demos and upgraded to 5.7.  

Monitor | Endpoints gives positive config for Compression (IN/OUT), NSC, and TCP Acceleration. 

Monitor | Compression shows positive Compression. 

Monitor | Acceleration shows zero results.

The configs have not changed from the demos which worked from day 1.  Had to dig into flow diagnostics Where I see an NSC module error where although negotiated "saw reliable packet" equals FALSE.  

This is my first post.  Can anyone help with this issue?

Juniper Employee
Antares

Re: TCP Accel - SYN ACK error = DC Not Active /// NSC does not see reliable pkt.

Delliott,

First, what is the impact? Is the flow being accelerated? Do you see any improvement at all? 

Could you attach a screenshot of the flow-diag for a "broken" flow? And also screenshots 

for "TCP acceleration" and "NCS" sections? 

You may also need to take a packet capture for a specific flow on both WXs to make sure

we see the initial 3-way handshake. 

Visitor
delliott

Re: TCP Accel - SYN ACK error = DC Not Active /// NSC does not see reliable pkt.

Thanks for the quick response.  I think I've fixed my issue.  Here are some specifics.  Sad part is, the WXC2600's were showing active tunnels, compression, and I thought compression stats were low due to relearning of the byte cache library.  Didn't see the problems until looking at flow diagnostics. 

I broadened the compression subnet settings to all but I think the real change was setting the WCCPv2 packet interception from mask to hash mode and reloaded.  The TCP Accel error and NSC error are gone, Compression stats have improved, and I'm getting TCP Accel stats now.  

Hope this thread helps someone else.

Recognized Expert
DannyJ

Please feel free to jump back in here if your problem are not fully resolved.
Danny Jump
Technical Marketing Manager - Access and Acceleration Business Unit
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.