Application Acceleration
Contributor
AYOOOLA
Accepted Solution

TWO HUBS SAME REG_SERVER?

Hi Experts

Hope all is well with you. I am sorry If I may have bothered you. I have a simple inquiry to make on Juniper WXC deployment. Thanks for the previous help. Its all about my client who recently just added a new datacenter as a backup one. They want to install the WXC at the backup datacenter like that of the primary datacenter. Should the primary datacenter fail over to the backup datacenter, they want the optimization of user traffic on the backup datacenter. My question is:

(1)Is it Possible to have two hubs, one at each datacenter?

(2) Is it a good idea to make the the WXC device at the backup datacenter the primary reg-server while that in the primary datacenter make the other WXC device the secondary reg-server?

(3) Is it a must that it is only one datacenter that must me active at a time?

(4) Can remote spokes form tunnels to two different HUBs in a community or I will have to create different communities? (5) Can all the WXC devices both the two HUBs(datacenter devices) and all remote spokes(50) be members of the same community?

Kind Regards.

Super Contributor
imirza

Re: TWO HUBS SAME REG_SERVER?

Hi,

Let me try to answer one-by-one;

(1)Is it Possible to have two hubs, one at each datacenter?

>> Yes.

(2) Is it a good idea to make the the WXC device at the backup datacenter the primary reg-server while that in the primary datacenter make the other WXC device the secondary reg-server?

>> It depends if the data center WX is always network reachable. I would have to see the network diagram to comment precisely on that but if my guess is right, the backup datacenter WX would always be network reachable but the traffic would only flow from it once the fail-over happens. But if it is not the case and the device is not always reachable then I would refrain from making it registration server.

(3) Is it a must that it is only one datacenter that must me active at a time?

>> No it is not a must. From WX's stand point, it is just traffic coming to and from data center. You can select the following option on branches to form tunnel to both HUBs;

-->ONLY WX devices designated as hubs

This option will let the branch devices form tunnel with both HUBs at the same time.

On the HUBs you don't want tunnels to each other, so you can select "ONLY checked devices below" option to eliminate tunnel between the hubs.

(4) Can remote spokes form tunnels to two different HUBs in a community or I will have to create different communities? (5) Can all the WXC devices both the two HUBs(datacenter devices) and all remote spokes(50) be members of the same community?

>> Remote spokes can form tunnels to two different hubs at the same time in the community. Look at the answer of question 3 above.

Keep in mind that I am doing guess work here coz I have not seen the diagram and details. It would be best to have design consultants look at it.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Iqbal Mirza

SRX Global JTAC

JNCIE-SEC#68, JNCIS-M, CCNP
AYOOOLA

Kudos to you,

Thanks so much. I can send the network digdram to you for verification. Thats the design I am working upon.

Super Contributor
imirza

Sure. I will take a look at it tomorrow during my day time. Please attach the diagram. Thanks
Iqbal Mirza

SRX Global JTAC

AYOOOLA

find attached the ntw diagram for review.

Super Contributor
imirza

The diagram is very straight forward. My first comment is still valid. You should be ok if you follow the guidelines mentioned in my first reply. Do let me know how it goes. Thanks
Iqbal Mirza

SRX Global JTAC