Community Talk
ac

[Contest Closed] Join the J-Net Technical Community

by ‎02-01-2010 11:34 AM - edited ‎04-13-2010 05:28 PM

Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Juniper's J-Net Community. New registrants between now and March 31st will automatically be entered in a drawing to win an Apple iPod Touch or some Juniper branded prizes*. Follow the instructions below to register now.

Why register? Becoming a member allows you to post technical questions and discussions in our community forums, subscribe to content via RSS, and customize your user interface after log in. In addition, there are regular promotions and "members only" online events.  And of course you get a chance to win great prizes.

Are you already a registered J-Net member? Refer a friend and if that person registers, you'll be entered into the drawing. 

Here's what you need to do to enter the drawing:

1. If you haven't joined J-Net, register for a free account. Remember, you must complete the registration process by signing into J-Net after registration and picking a user ID. (Note: Juniper employees can simply login with Juniper SSO username/password and pick an user ID)

2. If you're already a registered user, refer a colleague or friend to J-Net. Your friend must register for a new J-Net account during the contest period and pick an user ID.

3. Leave a comment on this blog article, say hello and introduce yourself.

4. Email the following information to j-net@juniper.net by March 31, 2010:

• Your J-Net username
  • Your full name and mailing address
  • If you're a new user, send us your registration date
  • If you're an existing user who referred a friend, send us your friend's J-Net username, full name, company name, and email address

That's it! Sign up, post a question, share your knowledge and become part of our team. .

*Prizes include one 32GB iPod Touch, a Juniper backpack, and 5 Junos Sweatshirts. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or older to be eligible to win the prize(s). Void where prohibited by law. Winner(s) will be selected via random drawing. Promotion ends at midnight PST on March 31, 2010. Limit one entry per person. To be entered into the prize drawing, you must either register for a new J-Net account or refer a friend that registers for a new J-Net account by 11:59PM PST on March 31, 2010. Winners will be notified by the end of April 2010. iPod models are subject to availability and may differ from descriptions or photos shown in advertising materials.

Comments
by Chaturanga on ‎03-16-2010 02:15 AM

Hi,

This is Chaturanga Jayaweera from E-W Information Systems, Sri Lanka

by demslie on ‎03-16-2010 04:12 AM

just joined and recently passed JNCIA-ER, still finding my way around J-Net

by msekar2004 on ‎03-16-2010 04:39 AM

Hai, i am guna, gud evening everybody,

i joined today, this is very useful.

thank u.

by jgarcia on ‎03-16-2010 08:52 AM

Hi !!!

I´m JGarcia from Smartekh in Mexico City.

Expect great comunity.

Go  J-NET .

by Chopperman on ‎03-16-2010 01:04 PM

Hey, all!

Glad to be along for the ride and greetings from 'Almost Heaven'?

by josue on ‎03-17-2010 10:42 AM

Hi,

My name is Josue.

I am from Brazil

Bye.

by muppet on ‎03-17-2010 02:57 PM

Hello,

My name's Tim.

I'm a network admin at a power company in New Zealand.

Tim

by myamanaka on ‎03-17-2010 09:08 PM

Hi I'm Masao from Japan.

Just joined.

by sbarbier on ‎03-18-2010 05:55 PM

Hi, I've deployed M10is running MPLS/VPLS and SSGs. I'm in the process of replacing Cisco switches with Juniper 8200s and 4100s. Looking forward to continued work with Juniper equipment. I'm not a Cisco hater, but I have a lot of memories of Cisco I wish I could forget!!!!

by sll on ‎03-19-2010 11:37 AM

Hi, I'm new to J-Net News, but have been working with Juniper routers for about four years.  Over time we have replaced Cisco with Juniper.  Now we are replacing our switches.  I am looking forward to this site as a useful resource.  Like sbarbier, I too am not a Cisco hater, and with over 10 years experience, it will be a long time before the bad memories fade!   :-)  Juniper just makes more sense.

by cscheng on ‎03-22-2010 08:50 PM

Hi,

I'm Eric from Malaysia. I have been working with Juniper firewall for about three years.

by LeahLynch on ‎03-23-2010 04:32 PM

Hi,

I'm Leah, I've been working with Juniper gear for 5-6 years. I'm just looking to learn better ways to configure routers, switches and firewalls and help others out, if I can.

by ahmedrathore on ‎03-23-2010 09:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I am Nadeem Ahmed Rathore. I am working in Ericsson from last 3 years which providing Juniper Router services to Waridtel in Pakistan. Currently, i am preparing for JNCIP and want to appear in any recent schedule lab. I hope this blog provide us a lot related to both self-study as well as job tenure.

If anyone prep for JNCIP and need any kind of help then i welcome and always availble 24/7. You can call me at my cell

+92 321 477 33 94.

Thanks

r@thore

by Fryguy on ‎03-24-2010 11:57 AM

Good day..

Just joined the forums and am intersted to see what is being said, going on, and where things are going with Juniper and JUNOS.  I am currently a Cisco CCIE and am thinking about getting some Juniper certs under my belt over the next few months.

Thanks and look forward to seeing what I can learn.

by dallen on ‎03-24-2010 01:17 PM

Hello,

New to forum, but not new to Juniper.  Have been working on ScreenOS / J-Series and SRX for apporx 2.5 years now.  Looking to try to help out wherever I can and learn new items.

Thanks

About the Author
  • Douglas Richard Hanks Jr. is a Sr. Data Center Architect with Juniper Networks and focuses on solution architecture. He is certified with Juniper Networks as JNCIE-ENT #213 and JNCIE-SP #875. Douglas’ interests are network engineering and architecture for enterprise and service provider technologies. He is the author of the Juniper MX Series book by O'Reilly Media and several Day One books published by Juniper Networks Books. Douglas is also the co-founder of the Bay Area Juniper Users Group (BAJUG). Douglas can be reached on Twitter @douglashanksjr.
  • Enterprise Security Architect & Juniper Ambassador. Designing & deploying “keep the bad guys out” technologies. Delivering elephants and not hunting unicorns.
  • 20 years in the networking industry, first as a software engineer (12yrs) and then as a technical field sales and solutions architect. Now leading IT automation initiatives, emphasis on DevOps tool-chains and open-source community efforts
  • I host "Junos Connect," a monthly show about everything going on in the Junosphere. I would love your feedback and suggestions for what you want to see on the next episode. Please be in touch and say hi!
  • Lisa Lorenzin is a Principal Solutions Architect with Juniper Networks, specializing in security and mobility solutions, and a contributing member of Trusted Network Connect, a work group of the Trusted Computing Group that defines an open architecture and standards for endpoint integrity and network security. She has worked in a variety of Internet-related roles since 1994, with more than a decade of that focused on network and information security, and is currently concentrating on enterprise security including network segmentation, end-to-end identity-based access control, and integration of mobile security.
  • Shelly Milam leads Juniper's global social media strategy and digital programs. She oversees the company's external communities, including the corporate blog, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn channels, and is responsible for driving policy, tools, training and best practices. The Social@Juniper blog is her opportunity to update the community and our employees on the most recent social programs and events happening at Juniper.
About Community Talk

News and announcements for the J-Net Community.

Subscribe to Community Talk  RSS Icon

Follow us on Twitter.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.