Community Talk
Jewels

Junosphere "purchase by credit card" Announcement and FAQ

by Administrator Administrator ‎02-06-2012 11:06 AM - edited ‎02-07-2012 02:00 PM

junosphere.gifGood news: you can now purchase time on Junosphere using a credit card. Junosphere is a virtual environment that enables the creation and operation of elements and networks using the Juniper Networks Junos operating system. With Junosphere you perform network design, test and training exercises in a risk free virtual environment that is dramatically more cost-efficient, scalable and flexible than physical labs.

To purchase Junosphere click here

Please allow 1 – 2 weeks to process the order, and the steps are as follows:

1. You place an order via Learning Portal and immediately receive a receipt confirming payment.
  2.  After your order has been processed, you will receive another email with your authorization codes to activate your Junosphere account.
  3.  You take these authorization codes and register at Juniper’s customer service site using instructions provided with your authorization codes. This step is required because Junosphere is a fully-supported product and this activates JTAC support for your Junosphere time.
  4. Once you have registered, you will receive an email with your Junosphere account credentials – now you can log in and start using Junosphere!
  5. We are always working on improvements and appreciate your feedback, so please post your comments here.

FAQ

What is Junosphere anyway?

Junosphere is a virtual environment that enables the creation and operation of elements and networks using the Juniper Networks Junos operating system. With Junosphere you perform network design, test and training exercises in a risk free virtual environment that is dramatically more cost-efficient, scalable and flexible than physical labs.

Why would I use Junosphere?
Junosphere can be an alternative to using physical networking labs for network planning, education, design and training. We think it will be a great product for people studying for their JNCIE, for example.

Where can I read more about Junosphere?

Product literature is available here.

How do I purchase Junosphere?

Please click here.

Should I order Junosphere Lab or Classroom?

It depends how you plan to use it: Junosphere Classroom provides more simple topologies to get you up and running quickly, and allows you to build networks with Junos only. It is great for people learning Junos or networking in general. Junosphere Lab provides more partner images that create a more complete lab experience. Lab is the way to go if you are looking to replicate your complex production network in Junosphere.

Does it really take 1 – 2 weeks?

Yes. Some orders could be processed quicker but please plan for 1 – 2 weeks.

Why does it take so long?

There are several reasons, but essentially it boils down to some tasks in order management, product registration and account set up that are not yet automated. Please keep in mind Junosphere is an alternative to acquiring physical routers for testing, training and design – compared to the time it would take to acquire 10 routers, for example, this is very much faster—and more cost-effective. Also once you are up and running with Junosphere, you can build and change networks a lot quicker because there is no racking, stacking and cabling.

Are you working to speed it up?

Yes, please remember we heard the feedback about credit cards and have now implemented that capability. Again it’s important to remember that Junosphere is the industry’s only virtual environment where you can create and run networks with a real, commercial network OS – a few months ago, such a product didn’t exist at all!

I ordered my Junosphere, now what?

Please refer to the steps posted above.

How do I learn how to use Junosphere?

Please refer to the techpubs documentation.  At this URL, there are several quick start guides that tell you how to get started.

My Junosphere account is not working, who do I contact?

Please contact the Junosphere administrator.

What is the concept of a VM day and how are they consumed? Do I have to use them all at once?

A VM day is a virtual machine day and allows you run one VM for a  period of 24 hours. When you purchase 10 VM days, you can schedule them as you like: for example, you can use 10 routers in one 24 hour period, or use 2 routers every Wednesday for the next 5 weeks. The only limitation is you must use the time within a year of activating your account.

Do I need an SE?

No. If you are a Juniper customer, your SE can certainly help, but there is no requirement to have one.

* For those who purchased recently, the order management system is attaching an outdated process document that incorrectly states you need Juniper Systems Engineer. You do not need an SE involved to access Junosphere. We apologize for the confusion and are working to correct the issue.

Comments
by on ‎02-06-2012 06:27 PM
Very Well. Work on the two weeks though.
by on ‎11-28-2012 02:49 PM

Is there an easy way to check as an agility customer whether we have any spare unused VM days which have not yet expired?

Is there any way to carry over unused VM days into a new 12/month term at a reduced price?

Agree....the two weeks need to be worked on. Does that only apply to the Credit Card method of purchase or other methods?

Are alternative payment methods such as Paypal a consideration?

Post a Comment
Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
About Community Talk

News and announcements for the J-Net Community.

Subscribe to Community Talk  RSS Icon

Follow us on Twitter.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.