Community Talk
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Meet Juniper's July Fan-of-the-Month - Chinar Trivedi

by Administrator Administrator on ‎07-06-2016 09:00 AM

We are pleased to introduce Chinar Trivedi as our July Fan-of-the-Month. Chinar is an avid reader and reviewer of Juniper technology books  from O'Reilly and our Day One collection. He participates in our online community events and helps us by amplifying our content on his Twitter account where he is known as ip_mpls_labguy.  We would like to recognize and thank him for being a Juniper fan. Congrats to you Chinar!

juniper_TWfeed_fotm_trivedi_proof1.png

How long have you been using Juniper products?

I've been using Juniper products for more than 3 years now and there is no looking back.

What was the first Juniper product you worked with?

The very first product I worked on was Juniper ACX2200 router. That's when I came to know the beauty of Junos. I was given four of those to test it in my lab.

What is your favorite thing about working with Juniper products?

It’s funny how I started liking Junos. It goes way back when I was so used to networking products from other vendors that I never wanted to come out of my comfort zone and try something new. But one day, I was asked to test a Junos product. That's how I got down into the nitty-gritty of this new OS and boy I realised that it’s so much different and unique in many ways.

I would say the simplistic design of Junos OS and especially the Junos CLI Hierarchical structure is what I love the most when I'm working on a Juniper device.

What advice would you give to others considering Juniper certifications?

Juniper cert exams don't make becoming an expert easy. You have to go through the process of passing 3 exams to be eligible for the Expert lab exam.  So, I'd say go slow, learn, and enjoy Day-One Books if you are new to Junos. You don't want to become an expert just for the heck of it. It's a process. Juniper study guides are a great way to enhance your knowledge on Junos products/technologies and for taking cert exams.

What Juniper product do you dream of working with?

I am already having a ball with MX and QFX. However, I wish to work someday with NorthStar controller and SDN/NFV solutions like OpenContrail too.

Comments
by chinar.trivedi
‎07-11-2016 10:13 AM - edited ‎07-11-2016 08:42 PM

Thanks Julie! Smiley Happy

by Recognized Expert Recognized Expert
on ‎07-16-2016 03:50 AM

Chinar, it is such a great honor to have you as this month's fan!

You are an amazing engineer who really understands and enjoys the details, and your enthusiasm is ace.

Keep it so up Chinar!

Ato & Krzysztof

by chinar.trivedi
on ‎07-17-2016 02:43 AM

Thank you Ato & Krzystof, 

It means a lot coming from you Juniper Stalwarts! Smiley Very Happy
Very motivating!

Thnx,
Chinar

Announcements

Juniper Innovators Circle
About the Author
  • Hiroaki Kato is a Senior Director of Systems Engineering at Juniper Networks and is responsible for managing the Systems Engineering organization in Japan. Before he joined Juniper Networks, Kato served as Japan Country Manager for Red Bend Software. Kato was responsible for overall business operation of Red Bend Software Japan K.K and grew the business in Japan further in mobile and into other industries. Prior to Red Bend, he was with Avaya Japan Ltd. During his time at Avaya Japan, the roles he took include overall operation of Avaya Japan as its Representative Director, Director of Solutions and Engineering and number of other leadership roles in strategy creation and business development. He also spent time at Avaya’s headquarters in New Jersey, USA, working as strategy and operations prime for one of the Avaya’s business units as well as some leadership role for global sales operations organization. Prior to Avaya, he served as the Unit Manager of Telecommunication Infrastructure Business Unit of Mitsubishi Corporation’s Information Systems and Services Group, providing carrier grade telephony systems and associated support to major telecom carriers in Japan. He also served as a board member of MC Techno-Serve Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation which provided post sales maintenance of the carrier grade telephony systems Mitsubishi Corporation sold. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Tokyo University and EMOT at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
  • Tony Ng is an APAC Demo coordinator with Juniper Networks and is responsible for maintaining inventory of lab equipment in Hong Kong, assist with PoC lab projects, and Demo loan shipment.
About Community Talk

News and announcements for the J-Net Community.

Subscribe RSS Icon

Follow us on Twitter.