Community Talk
Jewels

[Promotion Closed] Promotion: Tell us your Certification Story

by Administrator Administrator ‎08-13-2010 07:59 AM - edited ‎10-01-2010 06:16 AM

Would you like to renew your existing certification, move up a level in your particular track or get certified in a new track? Then let us help you! Take part in our “Tell us about why you became Juniper Certified” story promotion and receive either a 100% off voucher for a certification exam or two hours of virtual lab time. This will help you on your way to obtaining another Juniper Certification.  Simply follow the steps below.

Here’s what you need to do to submit your story:

1. If you’re not a member of J-Net you’ll need to register for a free user account in order to post your story, so take that first step now. To complete the registration process sign in to J-Net after registration and pick a user ID. Be sure to check out the General Training and Certification Forum board for conversations about certification.
  2. Reply to this article with your story. Tell us about yourself, why you became certified and why you want to renew or obtain another certification. Your stories must be 100 words or more to be eligible.
  3. We will contact you upon submission of your story via J-Net private message to provide you with either the exam voucher or lab time.

*No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants must have one or more Juniper certifications to be eligible. Story submission ends at midnight PT on September 30, 2010. Limit one entry per person. Promotion is open to persons over the age of 18 that are invited to participate by Juniper Networks. Limit one (1) voucher per eligible respondent per eligible certification exam or two (2) hours of free virtual lab time per eligible respondent. Supply of vouchers and lab time is limited. Vouchers will be awarded in the sole discretion of Juniper Networks based on determination of eligibility and availability of vouchers. Vouchers and lab time are not transferable without express written consent of Juniper Networks and may not be redeemed for cash or substituted for other goods or services. Juniper Networks reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time without notice.

Comments
by bitraptor on ‎08-13-2010 02:06 PM

I'm Emerson, born in the capital city of the northeast of Brazil named Teresina in the state of Piauí. Since i was a kid i've always been passionate about technology (as well as fast cars, music, airplanes, etc). While a kid i dreamed about being an air force pilot or an F1-pilot i loved so much them both) The first one was a bit easier to acomplish but i had an accident on my left eye and was disqualified from being an airforce's airplane pilot. Life goes on. I love music, i play the drums since i was 10 years old, and also a bit of guitar, i've recently bought a new set of drums after not having one for almost 10 years (due to university studying, working etc), but this year i decided to get back to the magical world of music again, just for fun, surely.

I became certified to improve my networking techniques as well as getting more prepared and have a stronger exposure to the IT market, and Juniper ,in my opinion, would provide me with that because has being doing a great work to become one of the best network players on the market through its innovative technologies and solutions.

I want to become certified for the great reason of reaching out to the top of Juniper's certification program, wich by the way, has been recently updated and reviewed for the better, i think. So, i want toget this voucher for the new pyramid basis (JNCIA JUNOS) and scale ans study to reach at the top and remain there, definetly will make of me a very diffrentiated professional.

by rommy on ‎08-14-2010 05:57 AM

I'm a network engineer in one of the Indonesia ISP since 2001. Since the begin we are one of the Cisco fans. Every equitment that we have is Cisco from Core to distribution layer. Until 2008 we deciced to use Juniper M10i for our Core router. This because we stable and reliable router for our core . And we also tried to use EX4200. After this I;m know that Juniper also offer a good solution .

I had take CJNR , AJNR and AVPN course. By end of this month i will take JN0-340 exam . And i will go for JNCIP if there is sponsor / free voucher.

Jewels wrote:

Would you like to renew your existing certification, move up a level in your particular track or get certified in a new track? Then let us help you! Take part in our “Tell us about why you became Juniper Certified” story promotion and receive either a 100% off voucher for a certification exam or two hours of virtual lab time. This will help you on your way to obtaining another Juniper Certification.  Simply follow the steps below.

Here’s what you need to do to submit your story:

1. If you’re not a member of J-Net you’ll need to register for a free user account in order to post your story, so take that first step now. To complete the registration process sign in to J-Net after registration and pick a user ID. Be sure to check out the General Training and Certification Forum board for conversations about certification.
  2. Reply to this article with your story. Tell us about yourself, why you became certified and why you want to renew or obtain another certification. Your stories must be 100 words or more to be eligible.
  3. We will contact you upon submission of your story via J-Net private message to provide you with either the exam voucher or lab time.

*No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants must have one or more Juniper certifications to be eligible. Story submission ends at midnight PT on September 30, 2010. Limit one entry per person. Promotion is open to persons over the age of 18 that are invited to participate by Juniper Networks. Limit one (1) voucher per eligible respondent per eligible certification exam or two (2) hours of free virtual lab time per eligible respondent. Supply of vouchers and lab time is limited. Vouchers will be awarded in the sole discretion of Juniper Networks based on determination of eligibility and availability of vouchers. Vouchers and lab time are not transferable without express written consent of Juniper Networks and may not be redeemed for cash or substituted for other goods or services. Juniper Networks reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time without notice.

by rawdeal on ‎08-15-2010 08:05 AM

I am Raheel, a Network Engineer from Pakistan. Since the day I punched the connectors to make my first cross-over cable to connect my 2 PC's, I knew that Network Engineering is going to be my profession in life.

Initially in my career I was not into certifications and was more interested in breaking/fixing and tweaking Networks.

My first job was in an Enterprise where everything was Cisco. At that time One of my co-workers was preparing for the CCNA exam and when he passed he became a hero amongst our team of Network Engineers. Everybody started to give him more respect and listened to what he had to say.

That got me going towards the world of certifications. I passed CCNA and moved my way up to CCNP. Last year I switched my job because I wanted to work for a service provider and here was the first time that I got a hands on Juniper products.

I like Juniper more than any other vendor because Juniper products give you more features in one box than any other vendor. For example recently we were testing for MPLS and we were surprised that even a J-series box gives you all of L2VPN, L3VPN and even VPLS whereas Alcatel's 7705 doesn't have builtin support for some of these features.  

The Juniper Certifcation Fast Track promotion helped me to get my JNCIA-ER, JNCIA-EX and JNCIA-Junos certifications. I want to get to the top level i.e. JNCIE and my next aim is to get the JNCIS-SP certification. I'd love to get a free voucher for that.

Thanks,

Raheel

by rehman_libra@hotmail.com on ‎08-16-2010 02:08 AM

Omer here. When I was a child I wanted to be a business man, but when I was a junior in high school I really felt drawn to network engineering.

Now am a network Engineer. I work for a Telecom Company in Pakistan, and it's really cool. I get to use my IT skills to support my clients and collegues. it is really great to make a difference like that.

I have a Master degree in Computer Sciences. I have my  JNCIA, JNCISA in Routing , Switching & Junos. I'm working on my JNCIS-M/T and the goal is to have JNCIE in Enterprise & Firewall by the end of 2011. They helped me master the skills that I use every day in my job. I also get to teach those skills to upcoming engineers and that puts a smile on my face.

I really enjoy electronics and I believe it will shape our future. I've been in IT for about 6 years now.

I am really excited about learning more about SRX and I look forward to getting my JNCIE-FW next year.  I believe in myself to achieve it.  I am really proud of my Juniper Career.  It is a really diverse certification and I wish I used a wider range of skills from that certification.

I think the ability to collaborate with engineers from all over the place is really cool. When you collaborate you always get someone else's opinion or perspective and only good things can come from that (mostly!)

I REALLY recommend Juniper press! I always enjoy using the Juniper Forum & tutorials.

I would always encourage people to continue learning and really DIVE into technologies. There will be people here on this community to help you understand where you don't. If you show initiative, you will succeed. The only bad questions are those not asked.

Regards

Omer

by kamranarshad on ‎08-16-2010 10:59 AM

Hi,

My name is Kamran Arshad. I am a Networking professional from Pakistan with more than 5 years of professional expereicne  working for an organization which is setting up data centers based on Juniper based gear. I have the priviledge to work on Juniper SSG-series firewalls, Juniper EX switches. I got certified in JNCIA-EX, JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER and JNCIS-ES through your free vouchers. I really enjoyed working on EX swtiches as they were very state of art and robust in performance. I really want to get certified in Juniper security products as well. If possible I want to do the JNCIA-FW certification so that I get more command on the firewalls side which is the core product of your esteemed company. It will help me boost my professional career, will help my organization by having more certified professional as well the Juniper the organization as the more certified professional it has , the more business it has.

by krik on ‎08-17-2010 08:41 AM
Hi, My name is Christophe and I've got Cisco CCNA and CCNP certification about 10 years ago... Since few months I've started to learn for JNCIA-EX and JNCIA-ER because I have already a strong routing and switching background and I really like Juniper products and JunOS. One single CLI language for all the products! I think Cisco can only dream of it. I attempted the two exams but failed for few points due to a lack of knowledge of the WebUI... :-( I'd lie to take this offer as an opportunity to retake those two exams and pass them!
by dongp on ‎08-17-2010 09:24 AM

Hi,

My name is Dong, I am a networking engineer from Vietnam and I have 2 years of experience in Juniper Firewall. The first time I worked with Juniper Firewall when was a student. I have CCNA certification before but when I worked as internship student for a System Integrated company, in a project for a Malaysia bank, my supervisor called me and said that “Do you think that you can configure this Juniper Firewall?”, I said “Yes”, he said “Okay, let’s read the configuration guide of Juniper SSG550 Firewall and work with them tomorrow”. I realize that Juniper Firewall so robust, safe. They have many features and easy for configuring and managing. I got certified in JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER; so now I want to get JNCIS-FWV (JN0-532) certification via free voucher.

Thanks and Regards.

by JNetto on ‎08-17-2010 01:10 PM

Hi every one,

Talking about certification is very, very difficult, first, because you need study a lot to understand one technology and secound about the difference between devices, but, some times, you can choose a wrong technology, or worse, choose a bad vendor, and then, every thing you do is lost, in this case, your time, your patience and your good time with your family.

Choose a vendor is very important to success, of course because they have technology and knowledge about market with you work, in this case, Juniper have both: high tecnology and very good knowledge about the market.

Some vendor just copy what other doeing, i think the Juniper can create new steps to technology and above all development new concept and new devices.

I what to work with a company which I light farther and give me other perspective about my bussiness.

If i want to go another place, i need help, and my certification is a good proof to my career.

My name's Joao Netto from Brazil, and I'm a JNCIA-EX, JNCIS-E/ER, JNCIP-M(#981) and i really want my JNCIE-M.

by kuki on ‎08-18-2010 12:14 AM

Hello everybody,

My name is Lukasz, and i'm network engineer in Poland. About 4 years ago i start my story with Cisco cert track. My first steps in Cisco academy starts a travel for knowledge. There was a teacher who knows all answers for my sill questions. After finish my IT study, i start working with that guy. He show me that ISO is not so friendly as Junos can be. From that time i fell in love Junos. Now i start to prepare for my JNCIP-M exam. And who knows, maybe next JNCIE-M.

by BAsit on ‎08-18-2010 03:29 AM

Hello Everybody,

I am Senior IT manager for an Irish IT company. We were using Netscreen and Cisco in our network, but i found Juniper more reliable and ease to configure as compared to cisco. I did CCNA, i was looking for Juniper certification. Thanks for J-Cert fast track now i am juniper cerftfied. I love juniper products.

AB

by pkdor on ‎08-18-2010 03:53 AM

Hi,

I´m JNCIA-M, JNCIS-M certified and I´d like to be JNCIP-M certified. I´m working hard in lab to pass JNCIP-M hands-on exam. I´m cisco certified too.......CCNA & CCIP but I think Juniper is better than cisco. My goal is to be JNCIE-M certified.

Best regards

by shyan on ‎08-18-2010 09:38 PM

Hi

I am Ghan Shyam, a Network professional from Nepal with two year professional experience in networking filed for organization which is working juniper as well as Cisco devices. When I get word ‘networking’, most interestingly, I decided to be professional in networking then I went to study about Cisco devices, mostly routing, switching etc.   This is only the course taught here in academy and IT training center also.

I started my career by certification in Cisco CCNA and then I get opportunity to study about the juniper security devices along with my working based on Cisco devices and recently I get certification in JNCIA –JUNOS.

My first career started in an Enterprise where Cisco as well as juniper devices. At that time two of my co-workers were preparing for the juniper certification and when they certified in juniper that motivates me to be certified in juniper when they became a hero amongst our team of Network professional. Everybody started to give them more respect and listened to what they had to say

All that got me going towards the world of certifications. I certified JNCIA-JUNOS and want to move my way up to higher level of certification. When I started my career in enterprises where I got a hands on Juniper products as well as Cisco. I like Juniper more than any other vendor because Juniper products give you more features in one device than any other vendor.

The Juniper Fast Track Certification helped me to get my JNCIA-Junos certifications. Now, I want to get to the top level i.e. JNCIE and my next aim is to get the JNCIS-ENT/SP certification. I’d love to get a free voucher for that certification.

Thanks

Ghan Shyam

by bobgabc123 on ‎08-19-2010 07:31 AM

I am an engineer working on various networking projects for my company. I became interested in being certified because the project I was working on selected Juniper products. Since I received my first JNCIA cert I have been studying to get hte next level. I think certification is a really good way to ensure that network engineers who select and integrate products have sufficient knowledge to be competent when solving problems in the factory and in the field. Since I became certified, I have encouraged all my colleagues to become certified. This has been a good thing.

by Distinguished Expert on ‎08-21-2010 06:06 PM

I tell my certification story in a blog story on my web site.

JUNOS Certification Story

I am essentially a server administrator of 20 years that has slid into a networking support role along with this over the last five years.  I had never heard of Juniper until introduced to the company when my IT director was looking for WAN accelleration solutions.  The meeting was fortuitous as it opened up a world of options for me on our network and I've been happy to pursue the certification path that Juniper has made as easy as feasible.

See the blog for details and a list of resources I used to learn the technology and get certified.

by Biki on ‎08-23-2010 11:19 PM

My certification story has been a remarkable turn around to the path I had wanted to inbark on when I was in university. To me certification meant Microsoft. i was always studying for MCSE modules. It wasnt until my final year 3 years ago when I joined a local ISP as an intern Help desk tech that I got introduced to networking certifications.
As my role in the company increased with me becoming full time, the need for me to actually certify became apparent and my 1st  like most people was CCNA. Once I got my CCNA I was hooked and immediately started working towards my CCNP.
While enroute to my 1st ccnp exam, someone at work mentioned juniper and the fact that the ompany wanted to change the core of the network to Juniper. I only looked into juniper with the intention of just looking but I got hooked. Next thing I know I was attending Junos summer school, writting my 1st Junos Enterprise exam and attending instructor led courses for the M series route. So far my pit stop has been the JNCIS-ER but only to refuel and check tyre pressure.

About Community Talk

News and announcements for the J-Net Community.

Subscribe to Community Talk  RSS Icon

Follow us on Twitter.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.