Data Center Technologists
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best Holiday Gift for Your Bosses – Opex Savings!

by Juniper Employee on ‎11-28-2016 10:58 AM

It’s getting to that time of the year when you start to think about the right gift for those special people in your life. Of course, your kid, significant other, grandma, but how about your bosses in the C-suite? How about something they’ll remember and really appreciate? Like Opex savings.

If you’re not familiar with what we’re talking about, take a look at this report from the analysts at IDC.

Earlier this year, IDC analysts interviewed several Juniper customers in Western Europe with the aim of quantifying the business value – the ROI – of Juniper Networks’ switching, routing and security solutions. Customers interviewed ranged from small companies with as few as 12 employees to large enterprises with 40,000 employees and included companies from the service provider, information technology, publishing, public sector and transportation market segments. 

From the interviews, IDC determined that the average ROI from Juniper’s solutions for the customers interviewed was 349 percent over five years, with an average payback period of 8.6 months from deployment. Business benefits were realized in four main areas: infrastructure, network administration and management, IT user productivity, and overall business productivity.

To put this into context, IDC said that IT hardware investments commonly provide payback in nine to 12 months. Payback in six to nine months is normally considered to be very rapid, so the 8.6-month payback for Juniper Networks in this study should be considered an exceptional performance.

According to IDC, “High-performance, virtualized and open networking and security solutions, such as those provided by Juniper Networks, are a financially prudent investment for companies looking to transform their network and security infrastructure to better support their business requirements.”

The complete study results are available in a whitepaper and the highlights in an infographic. And be sure to share both with your bosses. They make great stocking stuffers.

Announcements
Juniper Networks Technical Books
About the Author
  • Anil Lohiya is a Principal Engineer in the Campus and Data Center Business unit in Juniper Networks. In his current role, he is leading some of the SDN and Network Virtualization initiatives.
  • I am an Engineer with expertise in Data Packet Forwarding, Software Design & Programming with major domain expertise in QoS (Quality of Services). I have worked across the domains in Data communications field. I love water and am a good swimmer too.
  • Remarkably organized stardust. https://google.com/+JamesKelly
  • I have been in the networking industry for over 35 years: PBXs, SNA, Muxes, ATM, routers, switches, optical - I've seen it all. Twelve years in the US, over 25 in Europe, at companies like AT&T, IBM, Bay Networks, Nortel Networks and Dimension Data. Since 2007 I have been at Juniper, focusing on solutions and services: solving business problems via products and projects. Our market is characterized by amazing technological innovations, but technology is no use if you cannot get it to work and keep it working. That is why services are so exciting: this is where the technology moves out of the glossy brochures and into the real world! Follow me on Twitter: @JoeAtJuniper For more about me, go to my LinkedIn profile: http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/joe-robertson/0/4a/34a
  • Ken Briley is Data Center TME at Juniper Networks focused on Juniper switching product lines. Prior to Juniper Networks, Ken worked at Cumulus Networks as a TME supporting the dis-aggregation movement and before that he spent 15 years at Cisco Systems working in various roles: Technical Support, Technical Marketing Engineer, Network Consulting Engineer and Product Management. Ken has an MS in Electrical Engineering and is CCIE # 9754.
  • Michael Pergament, JNCIE-SP #510, JNCIE-ENT #23, JNCIE-DC #3
  • Raj is a Sr. Cloud Technology Architect with Juniper Networks and focuses on technologies such as VMware, SDN, and OpenStack etc.
  • Rakesh Dubey is the engineering head for Campus and Data Center business unit at Juniper Networks. He has been with Juniper for past six years leading multiple switching products.
  • Sarath Chandra Mekala is a staff engineer with Juniper networks and focuses on implementing Juniper's Openstack Neutron plugins in the areas of Switching, Routing, Firewall and VPN. He is an official contributor to Openstack Neutron FWaaS v2.
  • Sriram is a Sr. Manager in the Campus and Datacenter Business Unit. He is part of the Network Director team and focuses on technologies such as VMware integration, OpenStack etc.
  • An accomplished network engineer with 18+ years’ experience, and a Juniper employee since 2004, Tony leads the IT team focused on deploying “Juniper on Juniper”, using Juniper technology to run the business and deliver core business services across the enterprise. Tony holds a BS degree from California Polytechnic State University. Outside of work, Tony serves on a School Advisory Council, loves biking and good coffee.