Switching

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  All ports in trunk ?

Posted 08-15-2013 08:19

Hello;

I have recently purchased an EX-2200 switch and I am willing to connect its 1 port to a router having around 40 VLANS and also untagged traffic, and other ports to several devices having VLANs and untagged traffic as well.

How can I take all the ports in a trunk which can pass all VLANs + untagged traffic ?

• 2.  RE: All ports in trunk ?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-15-2013 20:31

use the native-vlan-id statement along with the mode trunk

useradmin@Switch-12# set interfaces ge-0/0/12 unit 0 family ethernet-switching default port-mode trunk vlan members all
    useradmin@Switch-12#set interfaces ge-0/0/12 unit 0 family ethernet-switching native-vlan-id default

(You typye the whole thing on one line too:) like this:
    useradmin@Switch-12# set interfaces ge-0/0/12 unit 0 family ethernet-switching native-vlan-id default port-mode trunk vlan members all

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17419&smlogin=true

• 3.  RE: All ports in trunk ?

Posted 08-16-2013 03:37

Thank you for the answer.

Furthermore, If I want the switch to pass everything (tagged VLAN + untagged) from ALL the ports (more like to act as a dumb switch ), do I have to write the command for each physical port or is there an easier and shorter way?

• 4.  RE: All ports in trunk ?

Posted 08-16-2013 08:07

You can use the interface range command to group the ports together and then you only have to specify the VLAN information once. 

user@host# set interface interface-range <range-name> . . . . (interfaces to be grouped, followed by physical, logical properties)

Very powerful 

• 5.  RE: All ports in trunk ?

Posted 08-17-2013 08:14
    Very powerful feature thanks for the input.