Switching

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Corrupted / during power interruption, re-installing JunOS, how long does it take?

Posted 04-15-2013 09:58

Hey everyone,

So we had our sysadmin accidently bump one of our EX2200's and of course the primary drive got corrupted and nothing on the unit would load.  This was running an older version of JunOS 10.1R8 I believe.

The last software on Juniper's site that was closet to that REV without having to mess with the boot loader was 10.4R1.9 which I am currently loading on the switch as I cannot retrieve anything from the switch at this point.  Right now it is on "formatting installation disk" which it has been on for sometime.  Any idea on how long that should take?

According to the JTAC KB here: http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB10386&smlogin=true it outlines what is supposed to happen but gives no timeline.  

Right now it has been on formatting installation disk for about 20 minutes.  This normal?

• 2.  RE: Corrupted / during power interruption, re-installing JunOS, how long does it take?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-15-2013 11:00

Sorry for the premature question.  I had accidently told it to format the source (IE flash drive) and it was taking forever.  Re-copied over the 10.4R1.9 to the USB drive and did install file:/// and it worked perfectly.