Ethernet Switching
Visitor
dferraro@us.ibm.com

Device Hardening Document?

I have seen plenty of documents of recommended ways to lock down or harden Cisco devices by disabling unused services. Does anyone know of such a document for Juniper devices? I have been looking around and have not found any documentation.

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
WadePrice-jnpr

Re: Device Hardening Document?

dferraro@us.ibm.com wrote:

I have seen plenty of documents of recommended ways to lock down or harden Cisco devices by disabling unused services. Does anyone know of such a document for Juniper devices? I have been looking around and have not found any documentation.

Thanks!

Here is a great read on the same:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/fundamentals-series/secu...

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the YELLOW Accept as Solution button at below.

Trusted Contributor
NULL

Here we go:

PCI-GUIDE: LINK

Contributor
robert.juric

Would the same concepts apply to EX series devices?

Trusted Contributor
NULL

IT's JunOS :-) so a lot of securing / hardening a Network Device from Juniper is the same. 

But not everything, every Device has his specific possibility's.

have a nice weekend

Regards,

NULL

Regular Visitor
jweidley

There is a new book coming in December, This Week: Hardening Junos Devices. There was an excerpt from the book published last week.

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/fundamentals-series/hard... 

Enjoy

John

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.