Switching

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Does QFX5100 support VC by default?

Posted 07-17-2017 02:29

Hi All,

As i'm undertstand QFX5100 need additional license if we want make VCF. But may i know how about normal VC. Is it QFX support it without license?

Thanks and appreciate anyone feedback

• 2.  RE: Does QFX5100 support VC by default?

Posted 07-17-2017 03:01

Hi Kronicklez,

Yes, no separate license for Virtual Chassis. Please refer the below link:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/general/qfx-series-software-license-features.html

Note: There is no separate license for Virtual Chassis like there is for Virtual Chassis Fabric.

Regards,

Rahul

Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped.

• 3.  RE: Does QFX5100 support VC by default?

Posted 07-17-2017 07:10

Hi Rahul,

I'm already read the url given. So the summary is QFX5100 support Virtual Chassis by default right?

Thanks and appreciate your clarification.

• 4.  RE: Does QFX5100 support VC by default?
    Best Answer

Posted 07-17-2017 14:41
    Hi kronicklez,

Yes virtual chassis is supported by default.

Regards
    Rahul

• 5.  RE: Does QFX5100 support VC by default?

Posted 03-13-2018 08:45

I have also 2 QFX5100 and I can create a virtual chassis.

After a switch-over of the routing-engine, it takes at least 5 minutes that the VC is back formed because the VCP interfaces are down.

This is not acceptable. I don't have this in a EX virtual chassis setup.

The VCPs are configured with the ports et-0/0/48 (40 Gbit)

Current software version : 17.4R1.16

According to a kb juniper article, it is a requirement to install the qfx-5-e junos version. When I check the junos download page for QFX5100, it is not available. (https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB32473&cat=&actp=LIST)

Even the virtual chassis can be setup with the current software version, I would like to install the qfx-5-e version before going in production and maybe it will solve the issue with the switchover of the RE.

I saw on the download page that the qfx-5-e version is available for the QFX5110 switch. Can this junos package be used ?

Thanks for your support.