Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  EX3300 VC Established - Can't Configure ge-1/x/x

Posted 12-10-2012 11:38

I've connected two EX330-24T, version 11.4R5.5, via ports ge-0/1/2 and 3. The VC was set up as preprovisioned. Once the backup came online the VC established. When can run - user@ex3300-24T>show interfaces terse I can see all 48 ports.The only difference is the ports on the backup do not show 'eth-switch' for the protocol. When I go into the configuration mode I only see the first 24 ports.

I followed the instructions found at: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.4/topics/task/configuration/virtual-chassis-ex3300-cli.html

I even set the 'no-split-detection' on the master when configuring it. Is there something else that needs to be done? How can I fix this? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: EX3300 VC Established - Can't Configure ge-1/x/x
    Best Answer

Posted 12-11-2012 12:06

You say you don't 'see' the other 24 ports in config mode...have you tried to configure them?  like an 'edit interface ge-1/0/1' or something?  Just try configuring one of the ports into eth-swtich mode.

• 3.  RE: EX3300 VC Established - Can't Configure ge-1/x/x

Posted 12-11-2012 13:57

Hi,

Yes it is normal you will find just the default interface configuration for the first switch. you should go ahead and configure the remaining ports for the second switch

• 4.  RE: EX3300 VC Established - Can't Configure ge-1/x/x

Posted 12-12-2012 05:16

That's the fix. It is really interesting that the backup switches interfaces were already setup with ethernet switching on each of those ports. But, when you enable VC you lose basic configurations for the ports. Thank you for your help.