Switching

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  EX4550 VC. Analyzer has stopped work.

Posted 08-28-2015 00:36

We have the virtual-chassis of two EX4550 switches.

We have configured the analyzer feature, and it works over one year without any issue, but has stopped works unexpectly - traffic on the monitor port is tens of pps (packets per second) now insted two hundreds of kpps (kilo packets per second). It's hard to solve because this is production setup with critical services.

Version of junos is 12.3R7.7.

Details of configuration: one global analyzer with mirroring of two local port on both directions (ingress and egress) and some firewall filters with analyzer action. This ethernet family filters are binded to vlan (set vlans vlan0005 filter input FILTER-COPM-VLAN5). Counters of this firewall filter is incrementing every time, but we don't see this packets on monitor port.

• 2.  RE: EX4550 VC. Analyzer has stopped work.

Posted 08-28-2015 00:50

Have you tried to deactive the analyzer commit and then rollback 1?

As this is just mirroring the traffic this would have no production impact.

Tim

• 3.  RE: EX4550 VC. Analyzer has stopped work.

Posted 08-28-2015 02:39

Yep, i have deactivated the analyzer, commit the changes and then rollback commit to activate it again. Also i have tried to change output interface and this also don't solve the issue.

• 4.  RE: EX4550 VC. Analyzer has stopped work.

Posted 08-28-2015 02:53

Hi,

Unfortunately I do not know of any other commands that will not impact traffic.

Aside from rebooting you can try this as well, but it will impact packet forwarding and is quicker than rebooting if it resolves the issue.

- restart ethernet-switching (I believe analyzer is a part of this process)

- commit full (restart all process and reload the configuration)

If those do not work then reboot. It might be worth while to log a JTAC to see if this is a known PR for the version of JunOS you are running. If it is then it might be worth upgrading in the scheduled window instead of just getting it working again.

Tim

• 5.  RE: EX4550 VC. Analyzer has stopped work.

Posted 09-03-2015 06:45

I have restarted the ethernet switching - no changes. And then I have done the full reset of the chassis - no changes.

The counter of dropped packets of the best-effort queue on the monitor port is incrementing constantly.

Next step - update the firmware.

• 6.  RE: EX4550 VC. Analyzer has stopped work.
    Best Answer

Posted 09-03-2015 23:51

I have solved this issue. Enabled flow-controll was cause this trouble (*facepalm*). So, I just disabled it and all is fine. Thanks for help to everyone.