Ethernet Switching
Regular Visitor
alexppz

EX8208 VC high availability (GRES, NSR) has disruptions on switchover master to backup EX8208-SRE320

Hi everyone!

We have a EX8208 VC in full mesh (two EX8208 witch dual SRE320,  and two XRE200) at the core layer and a EX6208 at the access layer (with a LAG).

We have configured these commands in order  to have high avalibility on routing engines:

set system commit synchronize
set chassis redundancy graceful-switchover

set routing-options nonstop-routing

In order to test our availability, we have PCs on both sides (core and acces layer) running a ping between them and making a telnet session to the remote switch. 

Our tests are:

- We remove a link of the LAG = it works fine! (good).

- We remove from the chassis one SRE320 (EX8208) or SRE64-4XS (EX8208) (which is in master role) = We can see that 5 to 7 pings are lost, and the telnet session is broken (bad ofr us). Ping responds again and we can make a new telnet session.

- We swithover from master to backup routing engine with "request chassis routing-engine master switch" command = We see the same result... lost of pings and telnet session. We can recover connections after 5 secs more less.

Does we need another command to don't loss connections?

Regards!

Recognized Expert
wimclend

Re: EX8208 VC high availability (GRES, NSR) has disruptions on switchover master to backup EX8208-SR

what version of code are you running?

I am in the process of testing an EX8200-VC configuration and have not seen problems like that with an internal RE failover.  However I am usnig EX8216s so the SFs are separate.

also, is STP in use in this environment?  Non-stop bridging was not added until 11.3, but I don't think that should come into play with an internal RE failure in an EX8200-VC environment.

will

Regular Visitor
alexppz

Re: EX8208 VC high availability (GRES, NSR) has disruptions on switchover master to backup EX8208-SR

We are using 11.4R1.6, because of we are using a EX8200-2XS-40T.

We have configured NSB directly on members (8208).
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.