Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Enable flow-control RX on TX off EX4550

Posted 09-18-2017 08:31

Dear All

I have a pair of EX 4550 running 12.3R7.7 in a virtual Chassis as dedicated iSCSI switches, we have been having xome issue with one of the storage units connected to the switches and the manufacture says we need to enable flow-control and have RX on and TX off.

When I connect to the switches the only option I have is to enable flow-control under ether-opitions or no-flow-control.

Does any one know is this a feature in a newer version of junos?

From some research I can see it is possible on the 4600 but can not find anything for the 4550.

Regards

Richard

• 2.  RE: Enable flow-control RX on TX off EX4550

Posted 09-18-2017 08:52

Hi ,

I could see this workingin 12.3 , what error you are getting ?

# show | compare 
    [edit interfaces]
    +   xe-0/0/29 {
    +       ether-options {
    +           flow-control;
    +       }
    +   }

• 3.  RE: Enable flow-control RX on TX off EX4550
    Best Answer

Posted 09-18-2017 10:34

I believe for EX4550 the only options are on or off for flow-control.  You can not configure at the RX/TX levels.

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/flow-control-edit-interfaces.html

For EX4600 and QFX51xx switches it is configureable at that level

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/configured-flow-control-edit-interfaces-qfx-series.html

Sorry!!

• 4.  RE: Enable flow-control RX on TX off EX4550

Posted 09-19-2017 00:53

Hi

Thank you for confirming that, such a basic reqirement on these switches but not supported.  Hope Juniper get this sorted at some point.

Richard