Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Error on all interfaces "Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (ex4200-48t)"

Posted 02-12-2010 09:23

Hi,

We have a new EX4200-48T switch. Issued the operational mode command "Request system halt" and then rebooted. After the reboot, it does not recognize any of the Ethernet ports and shows the following error in config:

"Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (ex4200-48t)"

Also, It does have the old config on it, but does not seem to be using it. Tested telnet on me0 interface and it fails. However telnet from this switch to any other device works.

Rebooted the switch couple of times, but it still gives the same warning.

root@switch> show interfaces terse
    Interface               Admin Link Proto    Local                 Remote
    bme0                    up    up
    dsc                     up    up
    gre                     up    up
    ipip                    up    up
    lo0                     up    up
    lsi                     up    up
    me0                     up    up
    me0.0                   up    up   inet     10.32.4.51/23
    mtun                    up    up
    pimd                    up    up
    pime                    up    up
    tap                     up    up

root@switch# show interfaces
    ge-0/0/0 {
        unit 0 {
            ##
            ## Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (ex4200-48t)
            ##
            family Ethernet-switching;
        }
    }
    ge-0/0/1 {
        unit 0 {
            ##
            ## Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (ex4200-48t)
            ##
            family Ethernet-switching;
        }

Any help will be really appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Error on all interfaces "Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (ex4200-48t)"
    Best Answer

Posted 02-14-2010 05:08

Sounds bad. Haven't seen this myself, My try would be to reinstall the software images with "request sysem software add ftp://user:passwd@<ip>/<imagename>.

One couse I can think of is this EX was part of a VC and has a "offset" to it ports. Try a show vitrual chassis status to find out!

• 3.  RE: Error on all interfaces "Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (ex4200-48t)"

Posted 02-15-2010 17:08

Reloading the image worked. Weird thing was prior to upgrade, "sh ver" did not show any image.

This switch was part of the virtual chassis earlier and ever since we took it out of the virtual chassis group, any time we make any changes to the switch, it just looses everything.

Thanks a lot  for the solution.

• 4.  RE: Error on all interfaces "Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (ex4200-48t)"

Posted 02-16-2010 01:22

Hello there

@PunyaGoraya wrote:

This switch was part of the virtual chassis earlier and ever since we took it out of the virtual chassis group

You did not mention that in your initial post. I am glad that reloading the image worked but if you would have typed a little bit more of the above info in your OP then a few keystrokes could have saved you time

request virtual-chassis reactivate
    or
    edit
    set virtual-chassis prerovisioned
    set virtual-chassis member 0 role routing-engine
    set virtual-chassis member serial-number <SN# of this box>
    commit

HTH

Rgds

Alex