Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  How To Find MAC Address of device attached to switchport

Posted 07-13-2011 01:46

Hi all,

Is there any way to determine the mac address of the devices connected to the EX 3200 swich. i need the command to determine the mac address of the pc connected to the device.

Regards

Dil

• 2.  RE: How To Find MAC Address of device attached to switchport
    Best Answer

Posted 07-13-2011 03:40

Try show ethernet-switching table brief

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.1/topics/reference/command-summary/show-ethernet-switching-table-bridging-ex-series.html

show ethernet-switching table<brief | detail | extensive | summary><interface interface-name><management-vlan><sort-by (name | tag)><vlan vlan-name>

• 3.  RE: How To Find MAC Address of device attached to switchport

Posted 08-27-2017 21:54

How about the device IP address?

I know the device mac, connected to juniper port 0/0/1. How do i know the IP address of the device? (which is static)

• 4.  RE: How To Find MAC Address of device attached to switchport

Posted 08-28-2017 02:13

@Akazi2017 wrote:

How about the device IP address?

I know the device mac, connected to juniper port 0/0/1. How do i know the IP address of the device? (which is static)

You could probably use a protocol that maps and IP to a mac address.

• 5.  RE: How To Find MAC Address of device attached to switchport

Posted 08-29-2017 15:04

The command show arp will also display the ip address.  But the switch needs ot have a layer 3 interface in that vlan for those to be present.  If the gateway is on an SRX then show arp there will display the mac along with the ip address.