Switching

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  JUNOS-EX on olive?

Posted 09-20-2008 07:02

Any one try do it?

• 2.  RE: JUNOS-EX on olive?
    Best Answer

Posted 09-26-2008 05:48

Try to read this .

It may help you .. Here

• 3.  RE: JUNOS-EX on olive?

Posted 09-26-2008 18:45
    Thanks your reply,i have read your blog ,and post a comment.

• 4.  RE: JUNOS-EX on olive?

Posted 10-08-2009 09:53

A reminder to everyone that building or using an "olive" is a violation of the JUNOS End User License Agreement (EULA)

#olive

• 5.  RE: JUNOS-EX on olive?

Posted 10-21-2009 13:28

Dude - Seriously, well all go back to Cisco than, Cool?. At least we can find cheap lab gear. Juniper has a lot of momentum right now in the engineering community but that could all change very quickly if they don’t make gear more available and more affordable soon. I work for a large partner and I can’t even get a demo license for certain appliances I paid for out of pocket (SA) that I'm using to study for a test. You think I’m going to think twice about running Olives?

So take your "violation" comment somewhere else its getting annoying.........Juniper should be involved in making these resources available, you think everyone who passed there JNCIE practiced on real gear? I’d love to see that statistic....

Don’t go all John Chambers on us......These conversations hardly live on your board now, your comments will make them vanish entirely. I'm sure Junipers marketing department will love you then 🙂

• 6.  RE: JUNOS-EX on olive?

Posted 05-02-2010 11:28

Calm down, they have to say that.

If they didn't want us to use Olive they would easily stop the software from working. I would never go back to Cisco, over priced, underperforming and crappy support too Smiley Happy

• 7.  RE: JUNOS-EX on olive?

Posted 05-10-2013 00:13

Hi,

I have a friend that uses an Olive. However, I said that he should be liable to that action. 

I just use the actual gear to have my hands on practice.

• 8.  RE: JUNOS-EX on olive?

Posted 05-17-2012 14:07

+1 to tommyp

• 9.  RE: JUNOS-EX on olive?

Posted 02-24-2014 01:35
    Get on ebay, it's not that expensive.
    At least not for someone who is actually knowledgable enough in networking to have a decent job.