Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Juniper Trunk port with native vlan - Aerohive Access Point looking a way not to use native vlan

Posted 01-23-2017 07:32

Experts,

My configuration for aerohive access point is:

show configuration interfaces ge-0/0/20
    unit 0 {
    family ethernet-switching {
    port-mode trunk;
    vlan {
    members [ all ];
    }
    native-vlan-id 100;
    }
    }

Aerohive controller is 192.168.100.2 = v100

If I delete native vlan 100 aerohive access point does not to want to connect. The reson is I have noticed all trunk ports where aerohive access points are connected are bouncing back up and down from time to time. So I believe STP kicks in and casue the loop, also other ports - access ports where computers and phones (voice) are connected sporadically boucning up/down. I believe the ports should not bounce up/down at all, at least we did not see anything like that with cisco switches. So I believe Juniper 

Does anybody has a config for aerohive that does not uses native vlan 100? Or any other advices? 

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Juniper Trunk port with native vlan - Aerohive Access Point looking a way not to use native vlan
    Best Answer

Posted 01-23-2017 21:50

if this is related to your other question, you may want to keep them together. Seems like you now have native v lans 1, 100 and 70. you can only have one native vlan which is untagged on the trunk port.

• 3.  RE: Juniper Trunk port with native vlan - Aerohive Access Point looking a way not to use native vlan

Posted 01-26-2017 05:40

Thank You !!!!

"you can only have one native vlan which is untagged on the trunk port."

Yes and thats correct - I have one native vlan in the trunk port. Thx