Switching

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  MAC addresses per port

Posted 07-19-2016 23:12

Hello, can anyone please tell me as to how many MAC addresses can be learned per port on EX switches, Is this figure different depending on the EX switch model, if so I would like to know for EX3300,3400,4200 and EX4400. I wasn't able to come across this info in the data sheets

• 2.  RE: MAC addresses per port

Posted 07-22-2016 09:52

Please refer this link

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB10866&actp=search

Maximum number of MAC addresses—You configure the maximum number of dynamic MAC addresses allowed per port. As soon as the limit is reached, incoming packets with new MAC addresses are dropped. The MAC limit value in the EX-series switch default configuration is five MAC addresses.

Mark as accepted solution if find useful.

Thanks

Amit

• 3.  RE: MAC addresses per port
    Best Answer

Posted 07-22-2016 20:25

He's not asking how to configure max allowed per port, he's asking what the maximum learned can be per port.

Mannan I don't think there is a per-port limit that is less than the global but your SE can probably tell for sure for the models you list. I'm able to generate the maximum number of addresses on a single port on an EX2200.

root@rno03-spi-mgmt> show ethernet-switching table interface ge-0/0/1|count
    Count: 16387 lines