Switching

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  MAC machines and juniper switches

Posted 08-21-2011 07:09

Hi,

Is there any special configuration required in juniper switches to have MAC machines to communicate each other. The issue is that the guy who supporting MAC machine complaints that the MAC clients can not see the services configured between them. Could someone help me with any advice. These clients are distributed across different juniper switches.

Thanks

#MACuserscannotseeservices

• 2.  RE: MAC machines and juniper switches

Posted 08-21-2011 08:55

Can you give more detail around what isn't working?  switching is switching, regardless of the client machine.  No special configuration is required on the network gear to support a Mac over any other architecture.

• 3.  RE: MAC machines and juniper switches

Posted 08-21-2011 09:50

Hi,

Thanks for lokking in ti this. Clients are not seeing each other from MAC OS. I think they use multcast for service discovery (Zero configuration). They all in same vlan. In some switches igmp snooping is enabled.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: MAC machines and juniper switches

Posted 08-21-2011 15:34

What hardware and software version are you using?  I have a few mac's on my network, and haven't seen any issues, but I don't use zeroconf.  I have everything assigned via a DHCP server

• 5.  RE: MAC machines and juniper switches
    Best Answer

Posted 08-21-2011 18:35

Do you have IGMP-SNOOPING enabled?  There was a bug with igmp-snooping previously  in the 10.x train (can't remember the exact code revision) that caused 224.0.0.x/24 igmp groups to not be flooded as they should be.

If its enabled, try disabling igmp-snooping "deactivate protocols igmp-snooping' and see if they helps out.