Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  MPLS CCC tunnels and time shift

Posted 02-28-2012 11:14

Hello,

we have two EX4200 with several MPLS CCC tunnels configured between them, and now I would like to redirect all syslog messages from them to a remote syslog server.

But I have found out, that both switches has wrong time set (far in the future).

If I will set some NTP servers to them and the time will shift back, would it not cause disconnection to the MPLS tunnels? (Even for a very short time?)

Junos v10.0R2.10 on both.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
    -Petr

• 2.  RE: MPLS CCC tunnels and time shift
    Best Answer

Posted 02-28-2012 14:46

Hi Petr,

ccc is using mpls as you know. So no time based protocol is involved. No certificates or anything. I don't see why traffic could be interupted. After you configure ntp (and the tinezone) you won't see the clock change untill you force it. That's because you're out of sync to much. To force the sync use the operational command set date ntp. About your  version: it's realy a good idea to update to the recommanded version, 10.4 R8.5. If you do so don't forget to install the bootloader update in the proces.