Switching

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Management Ethernet Link alarm & CLI command errors.

Posted 07-20-2011 15:43
      |   view attached

Hello, today I have been working on two EX3200 Switches running Junos 10.4R1.9. I have gotten them all setup and ready for production. 

Only downside that my supervisor sees an alarm so he wont put it in production with that alarm... The alarm is "Management Ethernet Link down" 

The issue i am having is when i use the

set chassis alarms management-ethernet link-down ignore

commad it returns with a "set syntax error:" this happens with every "set" command

also when I use a "show" command like

show chassis alarms

it returns with "show: Command not found:" 

So my question is is there another way to disable the alarm from within J-Web or another command I can try? 

Here is a screen shot of the Syntax error.

• 2.  RE: Management Ethernet Link alarm & CLI command errors.

Posted 07-20-2011 15:47

You are in the Unix Shell. The "%" prompt tells you that. Enter the operational mode of the CLI by typing "cli" (if you have logged in as root) - or if you were already in the CLI and dropped out to the shell by issuing a "start shell" command then go back into the cli by typing exit.

User prompts:

user@host% - shell

user@host> operational mode CLI

user@host# command mode CLI

• 3.  RE: Management Ethernet Link alarm & CLI command errors.

Posted 07-20-2011 16:18
      |   view attached

Awesome thanks for the fast reply. 

alright I type "cli" and it sends me to the operational mode, however when I start the command I get to "set chassis alarms" then I hit the spacebar to add in management it stops me there and gives me another syntax error. I then typed "set chassis ?" in the screenshot below and the only option i have to choose for the third command is "Display" 

Do I maybe need to replace chassis with "system"?

This is my first time diving into the Command Line of a switch so I have alot to research. 

• 4.  RE: Management Ethernet Link alarm & CLI command errors.
    Best Answer

Posted 07-20-2011 16:27

No - my mistake -typing and not thinking. It is configuration mode command - NOT operational mode - enter config mode and issue the command, commit and all will be well 🙂

• 5.  RE: Management Ethernet Link alarm & CLI command errors.

Posted 07-21-2011 07:40

Worked like a charm and is now documented for future use 🙂

Many Thanks!!!