Switching

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Multicast - igmp block question

Posted 01-19-2015 08:46

I have a EX4200 Virtual Chassis setup that currently runs a specific multicast product for medical care.  That part is working great but it seems to cause problems with the VoIP setup on occasion.  I ran a packet caputre with WireShark on the VoIP interface and found multicast traffic which the vendor says can not be there.  So, my question: Can I disable just the LAG going to the voice network or will this cause me all sorts of problems?

Current setup:

set protocols igmp query-interval 60
    set protocols igmp query-response-interval 10
    set protocols igmp query-last-member-interval 120
    set protocols igmp robust-count 2
    set protocols igmp interface all
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae0.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae1.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae2.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae3.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae4.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae5.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae6.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae7.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae8.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae9.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all interface ae10.0 multicast-router-interface
    set protocols igmp-snooping vlan MULTICAST

I would like to add:

set protocols igmp interface ae11.0 disable

set protocols igmp interface ge-4/0/12.0 disable

Which in theory would stop all multicast traffic from going to the Voice LAG and their voice server correct?  Or would that cause issue with the "set protocols igmp interface all" command?  At the core (this switch) I do not need the traffic sent to every interface, I was being lazy with the code really.  

• 2.  RE: Multicast - igmp block question
    Best Answer

Posted 01-22-2015 22:34

You can do that without a problem! Their will be "no" impact on the rest of your network.

set protocols igmp interface ae11.0 disable

set protocols igmp interface ge-4/0/12.0 disable