Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Older EEOL releases

Posted 04-05-2013 21:39

Greetings,

I have a 4200F switch running software version 9.2. In order to upgrade it to 11.4, it seems that I need to upgrade through the EEOL release for 9.2 which seems to be 9.3. Where can I get version 9.3? It does not seem to be available on the Juniper web site.

Best regards, Keith

• 2.  RE: Older EEOL releases
    Best Answer

Posted 04-06-2013 03:49

Keith,

You should be able to achieve your goal by first upgrading to JUNOS 10.0, installing the upgraded jloader, and then upgrading to JUNOS 11.4.

Hopefully, this information is helpful.

Respectfully,

Alan

Steps:

1. Have a backup of your configuration (both remotely and on a USB stick)
    2. Download JUNOS 10.0, PSN-2011-03-201 JLOADER, and JUNOS 11.4 place a copy of the USB Stick and your software distribution host
    3. Review the JUNOS 10.0 Upgrade release notes (Be sure to review the cautionary items on PDF Pages 216-217)
    4. Review the JUNOS 11.4 Upgrade release notes (Be sure to review PDF Pages 51-53 and 56-57) 
    5. Be sure to allow sufficient time for the upgrade.  The dual-partition upgrade takes about 15-30 minutes additional.
    6. Make necessary changes to the configuration to ensure that all cautionary items are corrected.
    7. Download to switch JUNOS 10.0, install (request system software add), and reboot
    8. Set the system clock to the current time/date if needed
    9. Download to switch PSN-2011-03-201 jloader, install (request system software add) and DO NOT REBOOT
    10. Download to switch JUNOS 11.4, install (request system software add), and reboot
    11. If a power failure occurs during the prior step, use the USB stick to complete the upgrade.

Suggested documents to review:

• 3.  RE: Older EEOL releases

Posted 04-07-2013 21:00

Yes, that's it.

Thank you kindly, regards

Keith