Switching

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Port Mirroring Sessions on Ex-4200

Posted 06-04-2009 09:59
    Datasheet says 1 port mirroring session.  If you have 4 switches in a VC, does that mean i have 4 sessions or is it still one session per VC. thanks

• 2.  RE: Port Mirroring Sessions on Ex-4200
    Best Answer

Posted 07-08-2009 06:49
    It is still one session no matter how many members you have.

• 3.  RE: Port Mirroring Sessions on Ex-4200

Posted 08-11-2009 09:57

Has anyone heard if there are plans to support more sessions? My company is a Cisco shop and we use multiple span sessions actively for many different reasons. I am trying to introduce the Juniper switches into the environment, but feature parity on simple things such as SPAN isn't there yet. Also I personally hate how L3 port's are mirrored vs Layer 2 ports/VLANs. It should be performed the same way. This also causes headaches from an operational perspective for our NOC.

I have asked our Juniper SE's to put in a feature request to address both issues, but am being ignored.. I fear for Juniper's success in the enterprise until the mentality is changed. The Enterprise is a totally different beast vs Carrier. 

• 4.  RE: Port Mirroring Sessions on Ex-4200

Posted 08-12-2009 07:43

i will ask our account team and see if its on the road map. I didn't know that port mirroring config is different for L2 and L3 interfaces. I haven't done a L3 mirroring yet. can you post the config? 

• 5.  RE: Port Mirroring Sessions on Ex-4200

Posted 12-25-2012 04:24

Hi All,

I have ideal scenario of having a juniper Ex4200 switch in the middle of two cisco switches ( Cisco | EX-4200 | Cisco ), where EX- 4200 is distribition . The source of interface in the cisco switch and destination interface is on another cisco switch . What configuration need to be done in Ex switch to pass the RSPAN traffic from the cisco switch .

@IOS2JunOS wrote:

i will ask our account team and see if its on the road map. I didn't know that port mirroring config is different for L2 and L3 interfaces. I haven't done a L3 mirroring yet. can you post the config?