Switching

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  QFX5100 request slice alternate

Posted 10-10-2016 20:28

Dear Sir

I have a qfx5100 at hand, and it seems i cannot do request slice alternate.

when doing some googling, i came across this :

Note: The slice option is not supported on the QFX5100 switch, because there is no alternate slice when Junos OS boots as a Virtual Machine (VM). To switch to previous version of Junos OS, issue the request system software rollback command.

i am doing request system software rollback to toggle the junos images, is this fine ?
    is there a chance below will happen to a qfx5100, as i do encountered this in some ex4200.

WARNING: THIS DEVICE HAS BOOTED FROM THE BACKUP JUNOS IMAGE

It is possible that the primary copy of JUNOS failed to boot up properly, and so this device has booted up from the backup copy.

Please re-install JUNOS to recover the primary copy in case it has been corrupted.

If i do request system snapshot after putting my USB, it is able to create a snapshot, is there a way to do this on the existing disk internally on the qfx itself ?

• 2.  RE: QFX5100 request slice alternate

Posted 10-18-2016 00:22

No, you won't see the message regarding the backup partition.

For the snapshot, see here:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos14.1/topics/task/configuration/qfx-series-system-snapshot-qfx5100.html

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.