Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  SNMP alerts for routing process daemon failure

Posted 09-23-2014 08:54

Hi

Is it possible to see the alerts or alarms in Solar winds based SNMP Manager for any routing process daemon crash in EX series 4500 switches ?

Please provide me the solution.

Thanks

Amit

• 2.  RE: SNMP alerts for routing process daemon failure

Posted 09-23-2014 10:55

Hi,

Have you tried to enable the trap category routing?

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.3/topics/reference/configuration-statement/categories-edit-snmp.html

--
    Click the star for kudos if you think I earned it.
    If this post solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".

• 3.  RE: SNMP alerts for routing process daemon failure
    Best Answer

Posted 09-24-2014 01:48

There is no trap solely for RPD crash.

However, if you would enable routing category under SNMP trap-group, then you would receive a trap because protocols relying on RPD went down(OSPF and so on). So you are getting trap because the protocols went down. The same trap will be received when you will deconfigure the protocols. So you need a mechanism to distinguish between these two situations. But you need to have some protocols configured.

Otherwise, you will not get any trap when RPD crashes.

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.