Switching

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Stacking EX2300 Switches with 10 gb DAC

Posted 02-10-2017 11:24

I haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for on this topic, probably because I'm not usually the right terminology. Can someone give me the process or a link for setting up an EX2300-48P and a EX2300-24T in a stack using a 10 gb DAC? Am I creating a VCP to do that? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Stacking EX2300 Switches with 10 gb DAC

Posted 02-11-2017 05:45

You will use the uplink port method for the VCP ports on the ex2300 series on the bottom of page 47 and following:

Setting an Uplink Port on an EX Series Switch as a Virtual Chassis Port

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos/information-products/pathway-pages/ex4300/virtual-chassis-4300.pdf

• 3.  RE: Stacking EX2300 Switches with 10 gb DAC

Posted 02-15-2017 12:08

I called into JTAC about this because the switches were behaving oddly after I set this up. The show virtual-chassis command indicated they were working fine, but other commands would cause the switches to freeze up for 5 minutes or so and say they couldn't communicate.

I wound up having one switching running 15.1X53-D50 and one running 15.1X53-D55 so we upgraded them to the same version.

After that, we cabled them and ran the command request virtual-chassis vc-port set pic-slot 1 port 3 on the switch we wanted to be the master, then ran the same command on the other. In my setup, I was connecting my DAC cable into port 3 of the 4x1/10 gb sfp module... hence pic-slot 1 port 3

show chassis hardware will show you what you pic-slots are

Other commands JTAC added were:

set virtual-chassis no-split-detection      *** only in 2 switch virtual chassis setups

set system commit synchronize

set chassis redundancy graceful-switchover

set routing-options nonstop-routing

set protocols layer2-control nonstop-bridging

• 4.  RE: Stacking EX2300 Switches with 10 gb DAC

Posted 02-17-2017 09:06

Just to add to this... You will need to add the default vlan to each port on any switch that is not the master. My commands from adding them on the 24 port switch:

set interfaces ge-1/0/17 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/16 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/15 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/14 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/13 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/12 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/11 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/10 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/9 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/8 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/7 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/6 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/5 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/4 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/3 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/2 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/18 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/19 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/20 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/21 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/22 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default
    set interfaces ge-1/0/23 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members default

• 5.  RE: Stacking EX2300 Switches with 10 gb DAC

Posted 02-17-2017 09:20
    Might want to look into the interface-range command there bud...