Switching

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Unable to push VLAN on EX4550

Posted 02-10-2015 07:54

I am trying to add an outer VLAN to traffic that egresses on an interface on an EX4550. The source of the traffic is ingressing on a .1q port that has other VLANs configured that need to egress on ports. For this reason I can not configure the ingress port as a .1ad access port. I am trying to push a tag using 'input-vlan-map'/'output-vlan-map' but it appears to not be available as a command at the [edit interfaces ge-0/0/31 unit 0] stanza despite being mentioned in various documentation. I am running Junos 12.3R5.7.

{master:0}[edit interfaces ge-0/0/31 unit 0]
    admin@agg-sw2.doc1# set ?
    Possible completions:
    > accept-source-mac    Remote media access control address to/from which to accept traffic
      accounting-profile   Accounting profile name
    + apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
    + apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
    > arp-resp             Knob to control ARP response on the interface, default is restricted
      bandwidth            Logical unit bandwidth (informational only)
      description          Text description of interface
      disable              Disable this logical interface
      encapsulation        Logical link-layer encapsulation
    > family               Protocol family
    > interface-shared-with  Specify which PSD owns this logical interface
      no-traps             Don't enable SNMP notifications on state changes
    > proxy-arp            Enable proxy ARP on the interface, default is unrestricted
      swap-by-poppush      Pop original vlan tag and then push a new vlan tag
      traps                Enable SNMP notifications on state changes
      vlan-id              Virtual LAN identifier value for 802.1q VLAN tags (0..4094)

• 2.  RE: Unable to push VLAN on EX4550
    Best Answer

Posted 02-13-2015 05:30

I'm pretty sure the VLAN mapping will only re-write tags, not enable you to push an S-tag.

We had a similar requirement, but having chatted to JTAC ended up having to use an additional EX4200 to do the pushing/popping of the S-tag... A bit of a waste, but needs must...

• 3.  RE: Unable to push VLAN on EX4550

Posted 03-12-2015 02:21

It turns out the EX4200/EX4550 is not able to map VLANs in this way. We have had to buy a EX4600 to perform this task. A EX4300 will apparently also do this if only a 1G switch is required.