Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Unused LAG interfaces, can they be eliminated from J-Web?

Posted 11-09-2012 13:13

I have three unused LAG interfaces as shown below. Can they somehow be eliminated from the J-Web interface?

I have a total of 20 LAGs numbered ae0 to ae19 with all them active except ae0, ae1, and ae4. My device count is 20 at the moment. I though about dropping it to 17 which is the number of LAGs I am actuall using. I was not sure if it would eliminate the three ones I am not using or take away ae17, ae18, and ae19 which would not be good since I am using those.

LAG.PNG

• 2.  RE: Unused LAG interfaces, can they be eliminated from J-Web?

Posted 11-09-2012 13:26
    Hey there,

The a[e|s]X interfaces are numbered from 0 onwards consecutively based on device-count.

What you suspect is correct, changing count to 17 would leave ae0 to ae16 and delete the rest.

Cheers,

• 3.  RE: Unused LAG interfaces, can they be eliminated from J-Web?

Posted 11-10-2012 13:47

So the only way to not show LAGs not being used (in my case ae0, ae1, and ae4) is to:

• Take the ae17, ae18, and ae19 LAGs and use ae0, ae1, and ae4 instead doing the necessary work to move interfaces, etc.
    • Change the device count to 17

Is that correct?

• 4.  RE: Unused LAG interfaces, can they be eliminated from J-Web?
    Best Answer

Posted 11-10-2012 14:53
    Yes, that's correct. Cheers,