Switching

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Virtual Chassis EX4550

Posted 06-29-2016 07:16

Hi Guys, I have a Virtual Chassis with two Ex4550, the VC ports are configured on Electric Ports, I mean not on Optical ports, the Virtual Chassis is UP,  Is necessary enable the failover on xe- ports, Now the failover on xe- ports is enable..I read about this but I'm not sure, Thanks, Reagards.

• 2.  RE: Virtual Chassis EX4550

Posted 06-30-2016 04:54

Hello,

All supported SFP, SFP+ & XFP uplink connections (10gig ports only) between EX4550 can be configured as VCPs. However advantage of using dedicated VCPs on EX4550 is that you do not need additional configuration on them & they have higher bandwidth than 10gig ports.

Regards,

Rushi

• 3.  RE: Virtual Chassis EX4550
    Best Answer

Posted 07-01-2016 00:31
    The Virtual Chassis fast failover feature is a hardware-assisted failover mechanism that automatically reroutes traffic and reduces traffic loss in the event of a link or switch failure. If a link between two members fails, traffic flow between those members must be rerouted quickly so that there is minimal traffic loss. Fast failover is enabled by default on dedicated Virtual Chassis ports (VCPs). You must manually enable fast failover on uplink ports that have been configured as VCPs or on EX3300 uplink ports that are configured as VCPs by default. Cheers !!!