Ethernet Switching
Recognized Expert
Dominik
Accepted Solution

Wanted: GRE client for Windows

Hi,

EX series switches can mirror ports towards a GRE tunnel so that remote port mirroring is possible. To achieve this, I need to terminate the GRE tunnel on my PC and attach a sniffer software to the tunnel endpoint.

Are anyone of you are aware of a GRE software under Windows? I found only UNIX stuff but would like to avoid install a VM on my PC.

Regards,

Dominik

JNCIE et al.

--
The Axiom of Choice is obviously true, the well-ordering principle obviously false, and who can tell about Zorn's lemma?
Distinguished Expert
mikep

Re: Wanted: GRE client for Windows

Hi Dominik,

mirroring over GRE is a roadmap item which is not available at the moment. It is also not commited in any release at the moment.

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

Recognized Expert
Dominik

Hi Michael,

strange, I could sear that I have read this in the JUNOS documentation. But due to the lack of an Windows GRE client I have done port mirroring only in the classic way.

Regards,

Dominik

JNCIE et al.

--
The Axiom of Choice is obviously true, the well-ordering principle obviously false, and who can tell about Zorn's lemma?
Distinguished Expert
mikep

Hi Dominik,

we state that hardware is capable to do GRE encapsulation but this feature is not available as of now. Do you have any pointers to our documentation where this is stated?

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

Recognized Expert
Dominik

Can't remember in the moment. Will forward the link to you if you find it again.

Regards,

Dominik

JNCIE et al.

--
Distinguished Expert
mikep

Hi,

I think it is very straigh forward to write a small script in Perl to accomplish what you want (once this feature is available on EX:smileyhappy: ):

http://search.cpan.org/~gomor/Net-Frame-Layer-GRE-1.04/lib/Net/Frame/Layer/GRE.pm

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

Recognized Expert
Dominik

I will unwrap my perl skills when the feature is there. :smileyhappy:

Kind regards,

Dominik

JNCIE et al.

--
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.