Switching

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  ae interface missing on EX4500

Posted 04-21-2011 13:22

Hello,

I have an ae interface setup on an EX4500.  However when I do a run show interfaces terse it does not show up.  When I try show interfaces ae0 terse the following error pops up: error: device ae0 not found.  Has anyone come across this in Junos 11.1R1.10?

Thanks,

Will

#JUNOS
    #11.1
    #ex4500
    #Error
    #ae0

• 2.  RE: ae interface missing on EX4500
    Best Answer

Posted 04-21-2011 15:30

Hey Will - you did not state if it ever worked or not. So consider this my "dumb" question of the day to you. When you define an aggregated ethernet I/F you must first created it logically by setting the following:

user@host# set chassis aggregated-devices ethernet device-count X <where "X" equals the number you want to create>

If you do this then when you do an operational show you will then see the I/F <In a down state if no other config is done yet>. As you are getting an error on the show command I am wondering if this step was left out.

• 3.  RE: ae interface missing on EX4500

Posted 04-21-2011 16:04

Kevin,

Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious.  ae interfaces are up and running.

Thanks,

Will

#ae0
    #Error
    #ex4500
    #11.1
    #JUNOS