Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  chassis control subsystem is not responding

Posted 08-11-2015 11:08
      |   view attached

Hi All,

We have EX-4300 2 member virtual chassis and both are working fine till now. Suddenly we got some power outage and both the switches were restarted.

After this, both the swithes again participating in virtual chassis, but ports are not went up in my backup switch, where as my master switch is working fine.

I have issued the "show chassis fpc pic-status 1" and i got output as "error: the chassis-control subsystem is not responding to management requests".

Also, i have restarted the chassis-control in my backup switch but result remains same.

Please someone help me out from this and it is impacting my bussiness also...

Please find the attached output

• 2.  RE: chassis control subsystem is not responding

Posted 08-12-2015 03:44

Hi Chaianya,

Could you check the software version on both the switches is still the same?

Some times power outages may cause issues and corrupt the image and the device may come back up with the secondary image , if present, which may be an older version.

If the scenario is same, please upgrade the secondary back to the current version which should resolve the issue.