Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  ex4300-32f with 100base-fx gbix

Posted 02-16-2015 12:55

hi.

has anybody here been able to use 100base-fx gbixs in their ex4300-32f?

in interfaces 0 to 31, they show up as GE interfaces and I am unable to get them to go up.( i believe they should come up as FE ?)

i run 2x51-d26.2.

i tried setting the speed manually to 100.

the switch is not part of a stack.

it is for a fiber to the desktop setup...

thank you for your time.

• 2.  RE: ex4300-32f with 100base-fx gbix

• 3.  RE: ex4300-32f with 100base-fx gbix

Posted 02-17-2015 19:18

yes they should work, but i cannot get them to come up. physcal link is down when i do a sho int terse, and the lights dont come up when connected.

lets say i do a loop whitin the same switch with no configuration on it (factory default), with 2 copper gbix lets say in int 4 and 6, ligts come up right away. the same with short range 1 gig fiber gbix.

but with those (real juniper 100base fx) the link dont come up.(im using the right type of fiber patch)

i have the recommanded software version. -tommorow i will upgrade to the latest availlable.

i have a case open with juniper and  yet they only confirmed that it should work, and that it is odd that it does not...

just wondering if anybody actually ever got those to work.

thank you for your time/help.

• 4.  RE: ex4300-32f with 100base-fx gbix

Posted 02-18-2015 02:06
    I am fairly certain I've gotten these to work on J Series, for which they actually were not qualified. Maybe bad optic? I suspect you'll find very few folks still running 100Base-fx; only reason is generally fiber plant. Good luck.

• 5.  RE: ex4300-32f with 100base-fx gbix
    Best Answer

Posted 02-18-2015 16:52

got them working by upgrading to 14.1X53-D15. they came up just fine, the way it should had been all along. i guess Juniper fixed a bug.

since i upgraded i have a virtul-chassis isuues, but hey, at least my gbix are up.

thank to all who had a look at this thread.