Switching

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  how can i configure this BGP?

Posted 12-08-2015 02:08
      |   view attached

Hi all,

diagram Attached.

Some body help me on this setup. i have 2 new ex4200 10gig switch that are to be connected to two of MXs.

my plan is to do ERP ring between the switches and the MXs. if i do this , my MX interfaces will be l2 interfaces and i need to rset up BGP session from one of the MXs to another router behind one of the switches. my challenge is, since the MX port is L2 , where do i put the BGP p2p IP on the MX? can i peer from IRB interface?

Thanks.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    10gig ERP ring-diagram.pdf   99 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: how can i configure this BGP?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-08-2015 05:13

Hello,

You can use IRB interface on MX for BGP peering if You want to.

Watch out for MTU/MSS discrepancies, or better set it explicitly on Your MX:

set protocols bgp group across-ex tcp-mss 1400

Another thing is - if Your ERP ring is plugged into VPLS instance on MX, then, to prevent IRB interface going down when ERP ring disconnects from MX, set the following :

set routing-instances VPLSBLAH protocols vpls connectivity-type permanent  

If You don't set this, then, when there are no "up/up" PE-CE interfaces, IRB will go down. 

HTH

Thx

Alex

• 3.  RE: how can i configure this BGP?

Posted 12-08-2015 06:26
      |   view attached

Hi Alex,

Thank you soo much for the confirmation, i will proceed with it.

now on aslightly different note, i have two ERP rings which use LDP-VPLS between MXs.

now i need one of the switches to cross talk from one ring to another. i have colored this switch same as the other switches in the diagram that its supposed to talk to. how can i achive this?  am just picking one vlan  from this switch in ring 2 to other switches in rig 1.do i need add that particular vlan to datachanel of the protection group of all the other switches??

Thanks.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Erp ring diagram.pdf   100 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: how can i configure this BGP?

Posted 12-18-2015 08:04
    Hi Alex,

Any insight in the above problem?

Sheel