Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  sflow-Persistent IP addresses for agent IDs and use in datagrams

Posted 03-06-2014 15:48

Could you tell me about sFlow monitoring technology.

According to EX Series Switch Software Features Overview(http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/ex-series-software-features-overview.html),
    Some devise not support “sFlow monitoring technology-Persistent IP addresses for agent IDs and use in datagrams”.
    What meaning “Persistent IP addresses for agent IDs and use in datagrams”?
    What kind of situation we have problem with it?

Regards

• 2.  RE: sflow-Persistent IP addresses for agent IDs and use in datagrams

Posted 03-08-2014 13:59

The sFlow collector uses the sFlow agent’s IP address to determine the source of the sFlow data. So if your device does not support it , when you debug sflow data you can't understand where the sflow data coming. Otherwise if your device support it  don't forget the use agent-id and source ip at the sflow configuration.

• 3.  RE: sflow-Persistent IP addresses for agent IDs and use in datagrams

Posted 03-10-2014 00:15

Thanks Hidayet

I would like to make sure my understanding.

According to your answer,EX3300/EX4550 does not support below command to config agent-id. Is it right? And how can we know the information about it? which site?

[setting of agent-ID]

set protocols sflow agent-id ****

Regards

• 4.  RE: sflow-Persistent IP addresses for agent IDs and use in datagrams
    Best Answer

Posted 03-11-2014 00:29

I didn't test that but When i check relase not (for example to ex2200 -  ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/Common/powerconnect-j-ex4200_Release%20Notes4_en-us.pdf ) there is a feature not

sFlow technology enhancements—The sFlow datagram now includes details of the
    interface throughwhich the packets entered the agent and the interface throughwhich
    the packets exited the agent.