Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  some member of a mixed vc does not forward

Posted 06-08-2015 11:03

Hello Everybody, 

We have configured a mixed virtual-chassis (2 ex4550 + 4 ex4200).

The VC is ok, all the vc-ports are up, the chassis is well composed by the 6 members.

But we have a very strange problem.. the member 0 1 and 2 switch well, we learn mac on ports, the hosts can communicat each over, but when we plug servers on the members 3 4 5, we do not learn mac-addresses, and the hosts don't reach the network.. The members 3, 4 and 5 are their interfaces displayed in the show interface terse with the mention "eth-sw" for the port configured with family ethernet switching..

This is very strange. There's no particular error logs, we restart the forwarding daemon, nothing.. we restarted all the vc, nothing...

I can provide conf or some command extracts if you need...

Does someone already had a problem like this ?

Can I be sure that my vlans are propagated to all members ? (the ports are well configured with apply-groups)

By advance, thank you very much for all kind of help.

Regards, 

Antoine.

• 2.  RE: some member of a mixed vc does not forward

Posted 06-08-2015 19:22

From my understanding everything has to be exactly the same on each member.  I would not rely on Apply-groups since sometimes complications can arise in how the leading and ending characters are imported. I would go though each interface and verify that everything is in fact the same. Sometime apply groups can be applied in the wrong place (level of hierarchy) and then an error occurs and it might not be seen.

Just a little idea, I hope it might help.

robin hood

• 3.  RE: some member of a mixed vc does not forward

Posted 06-08-2015 22:01

HI,

can you share the config of your "Stack" with us ? So we can have a look and figure out what your problem is.

I don't agree with Robin Hood, apply-groups are great to use! I have not had any issue with using them in the past, he has a good point that the apply-groups can be applied to the wrong hierarchy level.

• 4.  RE: some member of a mixed vc does not forward
    Best Answer

Posted 06-09-2015 01:26

Hello, 

Thanks for your help, I openned this post to soon.. the problem was on the server side.

Thanks for your time guys, 

I can't talk about an enventual solution because in that there were no problem..

Thanks again for the help.