Switching

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  the maximum entry for dhcp snooping binding table

Posted 03-16-2011 06:11

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to find out the maximum entry for dhcp snooping binding table on EX4200 and EX4500 Does anybody have any information on this?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: the maximum entry for dhcp snooping binding table

Posted 03-16-2011 18:18

The EX4200 supports up 18,000 entries in the table on the EX4200. Not sure about 4500 yet.

• 3.  RE: the maximum entry for dhcp snooping binding table

Posted 03-16-2011 18:34

Thank you for the information!

By the way, where did you get the information?
    Is it on any Juniper guide? I have already checked the KB and software guide but I didn't find that answer.

Did you actually set 18000 entries on the device?

regards

• 4.  RE: the maximum entry for dhcp snooping binding table

Posted 03-18-2011 10:11

I received the information from Juniper internal resources to support an RFP I was answering for a customer.

• 5.  RE: the maximum entry for dhcp snooping binding table
    Best Answer

Posted 03-31-2011 01:48

Thank you for the information!

I got another kind of information.

The number is 16000 on EX4200.it’s same as arp entry number.

Anyway,

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

• 6.  RE: the maximum entry for dhcp snooping binding table

Posted 12-10-2013 04:18

Hi.

I have a topo like this.

Client1--------------EX4200-01-------------EX4200-02--------------CLient2

After deploying DHCP Snooping on two EX Switches, Client 1, and Client will receive IP from a Server connected to EX4200-01, and default-gateway of two clients is configured on EX4200-01. After they get IP already, I run the command

show dhcp snooping binding on EX4200-01, I only see the IP of Client1, and if I run that command on EX4200-02, there's nothing.

Anybody can help me to explain?

• 7.  RE: the maximum entry for dhcp snooping binding table

Posted 12-13-2013 11:03

What about interface connecting two switches, is it access port and dhcp-trusted on both side, If dhcp-trusted only on switch 2 then switch2 client will get IP and also have dhcp snooping database entry. If switch 1 (running dhcp server) port connected to switch 2 is also dhcp-trusted then switch 1 one will not have dhcp snooping entry for devices connected to switch 2 , It is logical because if switch1 port connected to switch2 is dhcp-trusted then it will not perform arp inspection neither dhcp examine. On switch 2 just disconnect your client and run command after re-connecting client to switch2 (also make sure interface connected to client is not dhcp-trusted by default access mode interfaces are in dhcp untrusted mode). No arp inspection and DHCP snooping will be performed for dhcp-trusted interfaces

Pleas mark this as accepted solution if it solves your problem

Kudos a good way of appreciation

Kashif Nawaz

JNCIP-Sec , JNCIS-Ent, JNCIS-Sec, JNCIA-Junos