Identity and Policy Control
Visitor
rassel31
Accepted Solution

Disabling Odyssey Client reauthentication L2

Hi all,

i have a question regarding OAC, i've deploying a successful UAC and OAC system and now i am encountering a problem on how to disable the L2 reauthentication on OAC if the authenticaton has been failed. When i use the OAC the OAC will try to get an ip with connection status OPEN and then when it try to authenticate it will throw authentication error and the OAC will restart the connection and trying to get the ip again so it makes the pc unaccessible for a while until it get the ip, and it continues all over again. So my question is how to disable the reauthentication if its fail for once and still get the ip (the status will always just open) it will not try to authenticate again. is that possible? thank you before.

Distinguished Expert
Raveen

Re: Disabling Odyssey Client reauthentication L2

Hi,

Yes it is possible to disable reauthentication in OAC. To diable follow the below:

OAC Administrator and/or Manager  --> Tools --> Security
Uncheck "Enable automatic reauthentication"

In OAC, reauth interval that you can configure is is hours.Understanding your problem, you must also check on switch, if EAP reauthentication time-out is configured and you need to disable in switch as well.

Regards,

Raveen

Note: If this answers your questions, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way, it would help others as well. A kudo will be bonus thanks!

Note: If this answers your question, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it helps others as well. Kudos will be cool if I earned it!
Super Contributor
apaul

You can configure a registry key as below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Funk Software,Inc.\odyssey\client\configuration\options\wired8021x\openOnFailure 

[0]/1 default is 0. This is applicable for wired networks only. When set, Odyssey will open the adapter even after a failure. This is so that switches that have a failure VLAN can be used with OAC to put users on the remediation LAN, or external VLAN if the authentication fails.

Ashish Paul
Visitor
rassel31

Thanks apaul !! now it works, but now the problem is the pop up message requesting for password keep appearing.. is there any way on how to disable this?

Super Contributor
apaul

Hi,

Do you have a failure VLAN on the switch.Can you check the switch configuration and ensure that the switch retry for EAP after the authentication failure is not causing this.

NOTE:
Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks!!

Ashish Paul
Visitor
rassel31

i have checked the switch for any reauthentication configuration and it is disabled on default. so there is no reauthentication request from the switch. Is it suppose to be keep asking for password if the authentication fail?

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.