Identity and Policy Control
Contributor
asmash

SBR Carrier Product

Hi,

I'm working in a FMC (Fixed and Mobile Convergance) project where 2G/3G as well as WiMax/WiFi needs to be integrated to a RADIUS device which should have interfacing with external HLR (MAP), Online Charging System (SCAP/Diameter based protocol) and optionally supports SPR (Subscriber Profile Repository).

It seems SBR Carrier has WiMax module and also can be interfaced with HLR. However, I didn't get complete overview of this product.

Can somebody help me to find some useful docs or make comments on it's capability.....

Thanks,

asmash

Trusted Expert
kalagesan

Re: SBR Carrier Product

Hi ,

You can get decuments of SBR carrier version from the below URL, you need Juniper support credentials to access :

http://www.juniper.net/support/products/carrier/carrier/

You can get the information on Overview of the WiMAX Mobility Module availble in SBR from the SBRC 7.3.1 admin guide, please refer page 397:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/sbr-carrier7.3.1/information-products/topic-collections/sbr-ad...

NOTE:
Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks!!

Regards,
Kannan

Contributor
asmash

[ Edited ]

Does it support SCAP to be integrated to Prepaid Charging System ?

//asmash

Trusted Expert
kalagesan

Hi,

I dont have support information of Service Charging Application Protocol in SBR however this might be supported with IMA AAA diameter which is part of SBR Carrrier:

http://www.juniper.net/support/products/carrier/imsaaa/#doc

If you need more information on this, I would recommend that you raise JTAC support case where you can get right information about protocols supported in SBRC

Regards,

Kannan

Contributor
asmash

Hi, Can we transform SBR Carrier to SRC somehow using the same hardware platform? Is there any other way of transformation? We don't have enough time in hand to do hardware shipment..... //asmash
Trusted Expert
kalagesan

Hi,

I would like to know whether you wanted to use SRC hardware for SBRC implementation or viceversa.

For SBRC we need to have the recommended solaris hardware as mentioned in the installation guide.

If you need more information on hardware, Kindly aproach Juniper System Engineer ( SE) and account Team to provide more insight on this.

Regards,

Kannan

Contributor
asmash

Hi,

I've got the solution but it's extremenly complex due to the business modality & lack of technological maturity in non-3gpp network.

In short both SBRC & SRC will be required to build such solution but not without some limitations. I guess when Gx reference point will be available commercially for ASN-GW or such product regulation will be easier.

Thanks,

//asmash

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.