Industry Solutions and Trends
Technology is more than just networking and Juniper experts share their views on all the trends affecting IT
David

How to get Simply Connected in a BYOD Hyper-Connected World? - Canalys Forum 2012

by Juniper Employee ‎10-04-2012 12:57 AM - edited ‎10-04-2012 12:57 AM

I’m really happy to be presenting at the Canalys Forum 2012 in Barcelona on 9th October2012and having the opportunity to discuss with our partners our key offerings. When we were asked about the theme of our presentation it was very clear it had to be; Enterprise Mobility. The reason for this is very simple; with the current economic landscape, enterprises have to be very selective on their investments and, once more, the IT department will have to show complete alignment with the company strategy to bring them to the next level.

Since the beginning of the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend, enterprises have been debating if it is just hype to beat or an ally to improve employee efficiency, but the reality is that most companies have been forced to adopt it.

A couple of weeks ago at the Juniper Networks EMEA New Network Technical Forum event in Budapest, in front of a multinational audience, I had the opportunity to survey the popularity of BYOD. Within a technical audience of about 50 attendees from 15 different countries, of the companies they represented, only three of them had a corporate policy to allow BYOD for their employees. Five of them had a clear policy to deny BYOD and the rest the decision on BYOD seems to be at the employee’s discretion. Well, a couple of other companies admitted that BYOD was not popular in their countries, but instead the company was offering a range of corporate devices for the employee to choose from. Well, you can say this is not a representative large enough group to survey, but in fact it gave me a good perspective on where we are today.

Technically, Juniper is offering all of the pieces required to implement BYOD strategies at any enterprise, consisting of device security (Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite), WiFi access point and controllers (WLA family), campus LAN (EX family), enterprise branch router (SRX branch), mobile SSL VPN (MAG series and Junos Pulse), etc... But to really have BYOD taking off, what Enterprises need is a trusted advisor that helps them in the entire journey, and here is where Juniper’s partners can play a key role.

Our partners are in a unique position to help enterprises define their goals:

• Does your company require a guest Wifi service for your visitors, partners, etc? If so, how should you set it up and operate?
  • Can your company benefit from BYOD?
  • In case BYOD is not appropriate for your company how can you prevent it?
  • If BYOD is acceptable, what are the policies for employees at the office and employees on the road?
  • How do you enforce those policies? What tools do you have?
  • Is your wireless and wired network dimensioned and deployed correctly to support BYOD?
  • What is the end-to-end solution that suits your case?

At the Canalys Forum I’ll be discussing with our partners how can they add value to enterprise customers capitalising the BYOD trend.

If you are a partner attending the Canalys Forum, I would like to invite you to join my presentation or set up a meeting with us to discuss.

BYOD is a clear example on how the users’ demands shape key industry trends and demonstrate a great market opportunity for Channel Partners.

Enjoy the event and enjoy Barcelona!

Labels
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.