Industry Solutions and Trends
Technology is more than just networking and Juniper experts share their views on all the trends affecting IT
NigelS

Juniper to be the Platinum Sponsor at Cloud Net, London: March 12/13/14th.

by Juniper Employee on ‎01-27-2012 04:27 AM

Last week Juniper took the decision to be the Platinum Sponsor at Cloud Net taking place in London on March 12/13/14th.

Two things really excite me about this event:

Firstly, the program is very much geared towards a service provider audience, which is my area of interest, so I’m looking forward to some good discussions around how service providers can adapt to the challenges and opportunities that cloud services bring to the data centre, core and access areas of the network.

Secondly the co-host for the event is the Open Network Foundation of which Juniper is a member and supporter. We recently announced support for the ONF OpenFlow protocol under our Network Programmability initiative.

With network programmability, Juniper is enabling operators to influence and monetize the end user experience of the cloud. To do so, operators must have visibility into the network and control the path of data from users to the services they consume. This requires constant communication between the network and the applications that run on it. And this is what network programmability is aiming to achieve. So applications no longer need infer what the network can do for them, they can, in effect, ask it!

The agenda for the event is firming up as I write with Juniper looking to host a pre-event workshop as well as delivering a keynote and plenary speech on days one and two. We’ll also be joining in on many and varied panel sessions and taking part in the exhibition area.  

If you can't wait 'till March, you can  join me for a pre-event webinar: Securing the Carrier Cloud: 4 Essential Steps.

I expect to have some complimentary delegate passes available for service providers so watch this space or have your Juniper account manager contact me for more details!

If you have any ideas on what you would most like to hear from Juniper at Cloud Net, please leave a comment and I’ll include it in the planning process for the event.

Nigel Stephenson

Head of Cloud and Managed Services Solutions Marketing, EMEA

Juniper Networks

Post a Comment
Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
Labels
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.