Industry Solutions and Trends
Technology is more than just networking and Juniper experts share their views on all the trends affecting IT

Displaying articles for: 05-06-2012 - 05-12-2012

So today saw the launch of Juniper Networks’ Trusted Mobility Index research and findings. We held an exclusive breakfast meeting with selected journalists to hear the findings of this research in London this morning.

Penny Still introduced the session and set the scene and agenda. She highlighted that the research combined theories and best practices about Trusted Mobility and gave a short summary on how the research was conducted with over 4,000 respondents interviewed in US, UK, Germany, Japan and China.

Today’s speakers at the event included;

• Nushin Hernandez, Analyst, IT Security Analysis and Mobile Security Analysis Services, Canalys
• Paul Gainham, Senior Director, Marketing, EMEA, Juniper Networks
• John Smith, ICT Network Manager, Settle College
• Oliver Crofton, Ethical Hacker, Vigilante Bespoke

Read more...

With almost with the same regularity as I drink tea, I can’t seem to get through a business day at the moment without discussing either SDN or Openflow.  Whether that’s an internal discussion, meetings with partners, customers or press / analysts this is a topic that is clearly gathering momentum.

Before going on, I should declare my position and interest.  From what I have seen so far, what the proponents of SDN are evangelising has an appeal – often networks today are too complex and rigid and have fallen behind the apps / virtualisation world in terms of their agility.  In an increasingly on-demand cloud centric environment, clearly that is something that has to be fixed. 

The early proponents of SDN are articulating an approach that creates a new virtual control plane layer outside of the current networking equipment layer.  That virtual control plane is being positioned as more flexible, dynamic and agile than what currently exists.

Read more...

There is a mildly humorous saying amongst the acting fraternity that you should never work with children or animals, the inference being that they are likely to do unpredictable things at the most inappropriate times.  In marketing that saying translates to never ask end users opinions on anything because they either tell you things you don’t want to hear or come back with comments you were not expecting.

Not strictly true of course and said a little tongue in cheek but as we looked through the results of the Juniper Networks Trusted Mobility Index report, there were some real surprises.

Read more...

I am pleased to announce the details of Juniper Networks’ upcoming Twitter Chat.  We will be hosting a Tweet Chat on 9 May at 11am (BST) with Oliver Crofton, Ethical Hacker, Vigilante Bespoke and Paul Gainham, Senior Director Solutions Marketing EMEA, Juniper Networks. The theme of the chat will be mobile device security, threats and how you can secure your device and network.

Anyone can participate, so please do join the chat on 9 May at 11am (BST).  All it takes is to log into Twitter, follow the hashtag #mobilechat between 11am and 12 noon (BST) and join in the conversation by adding a question for Oliver Crofton and or @PaulGainham. Note that the chat will be hosted from @Juniper_UK, with various moderators. If you want to submit your mobile security chat question before the event, then please direct message either @Juniper_UK or @ZoeSands.

I look forward to seeing you on Juniper Networks’ tweet chat - follow #mobilechat.

Read more...

About Industry Solutions and Trends

Subscribe RSS Icon

Follow our Twitter Accounts:
Juniper Networks Twitter
UK Twitter
Japan Twitter
Australia Twitter
Labels
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.