Information Experience (iX)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Turn the Page: A Redesigned Product Experience on Juniper.net

by Administrator Administrator ‎01-30-2017 07:33 AM - edited ‎01-30-2017 12:30 PM

If you’ve selected new equipment for your network, you know that while it’s an exciting assignment, the journey at times can be overwhelming. There’s a veritable mountain of data to be noted and compared, from measurements, capacity, and densities, to myriad software capabilities, standards, compliance, and other factors.

At Juniper, we’d like to make your journey a little smoother. Over the past year, our Digital Experience team worked face-to-face with customers like you to learn what we could be doing better, and set out to build more than a website. Our mission for the Juniper product pages: make them as useful as the products they represent.

What were the overarching themes in those conversations? “Make the experience richer and more engaging for us,” you told us. “Provide more relevant information—and deliver it in new ways.”

So we did! Our redesigned product pages now display more media-rich content, including case studies, product demos, and a variety of other types of content. We improved the ways that our pages curate content for you, so that you can quickly view and peruse the material that’s most relevant to you. We also integrated related technology, industry solutions, and links to other content such as the expanded Design and Architecture center, our TechLibrary, and insights into top industry trends.

Today we launched our newly redesigned product pages, including routing, switching, and security, on our global site. Take a look—and let us know what you think. We encourage you to leave a comment on this page, or use our feedback form. Also, let us know if you’d like to be a part of our sneak previews and testing.

Stay tuned for more redesigned areas of Juniper.net over the course of 2017!

vMX screenshot top.jpg

vMX screenshot bottom.jpg

Announcements

Juniper Design & Architecture Center - Mobile Cloud
About the Author
  • I am an experienced leader in the Information Experience (iX) industry. For over 20 years, I've led information organizations at Juniper, Microsoft, Cisco, and Oracle to deliver quality technical documentation and information products to customers and partners across the globe.
  • I have been working in the networking industry as a technical writer, training course developer, instructor, and certification exam developer longer than I care to admit. I am currently involved in addressing Juniper Networks customer requests for special documentation.
  • I manage the Cloud Services and Network Management group in Juniper's information experience (iX) team. My team produces pathway pages, videos, and embedded user assistance for cool products such as Contrail, NorthStar, WANDL, Cloud CPE, and Junos Space. The iX Cloud Services and Network Management team is located in the US, UK, and India and totally rocks.
  • I'm an information developer in the Information and Learning Experience (iLX) group at Juniper Networks. I'm passionate about making potentially miserable tasks like installing and configuring networking equipment less miserable and maybe even enjoyable. I've produced information deliverables for routing and switching products for longer than I care to count or admit publicly.
  • I lead the Information Engineering (iEng) team, which includes information development tools, Web and content applications at pathfinder.juniper.net, and Web and content information architecture. I enjoy leveraging a blend of my engineering and writing skills to help the Information Experience team improve the customer experience.
  • In my eight years at Juniper, I’ve developed routing and security documentation for J Series and SRX Series products. I've also played a key role in standardizing the example format being used across Juniper. I’m fortunate to be a part of the User Experience team and co-moderate the International Content Advisory Board (iCAB). My favorite pastime is identifying trees and learning more about them.
  • 30 Years in Book Publishing, 20 years in Technical Book Publishing, including Apple Developer Press, Adobe Press, Nokia Developer Books, Palm Books, and since 2001, almost 10 years as consulting editor/editor in chief for Juniper Networks Book. Joined the company and started the Day One book line and in 2011, the new This Week book line.
  • Sarah leads an "outside-in" team of digital customer experience professionals at Juniper. We ensure that you have a seamless and engaging experience on Juniper.net, and enable top-notch advocacy programs such as this J-Net community, the Juniper Ambassadors, and the International Content Advisory Board.