Intrusion Prevention
Visitor
Raouf

can not import license file

hello,

I can not import the license file (lic.txt)  to my idp 50 with the software WinSCP (in windows xp ) , can you give me the exact and  detailed method for this operation to succeed.
for info:

I have a 50 with IDP 4.0 software idp

thanks for advance.

Juniper Employee
danhoward

Re: can not import license file

Hi Raof,

The IDP50 installation guide published for IDP OS 4.1has steps for installing the license key:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/management/idp/idp41/idp-install-50-200-600-1100-41r3.pdf (page 50)

Not sure that would work for 4.0 (new licensing system for 4.1), but you might want to try it.

We encourage you to provide feedback, comments, and suggestions so that we can improve the documentation. You can send your comments to techpubs-comments@juniper.net, or fill out the documentation feedback form.

Thank you.

Juniper Networks
Technical Publications
Visitor
Raouf

in the document  (page 50) :

5. Copy the license file to a temporary location on the IDP appliance

This operation did not work for me (with winscp software in windows XP)

I'm looking for the exact method to perform this operation

thank you for your help.

Juniper Employee
danhoward

Hi Raouf,

I see -- that step isn't explicit. Installation guides for more recent hardware models say to use SCP or FTP to copy the license file to the IDP device. SCP uses SSH, so you use ACM to enable SSH on the management interface (eth0). With FTP, copy the file to an FTP server and run the client command from the the IDP device. Here is a link to an earlier community post that gives an example:

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Intrusion-Prevention/Importing-idp-license-to-idp-device/td-p/65027

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

Juniper Networks
Technical Publications
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.